Bream Groundbait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav_Mitchell

I'm off fishing on Sunday and I was wondering what groundbait would be best, I'm off to a place which is around 4 feet deep, quite coloured, mud bottom, obviously i'm after Bream and Skimmers again[:D] I'd probally be adding some free offerings to the groundbait, such as corn and strawberry/red corn, casters, chopped worm and maggots.

gavin.jpg

Gav "Tench Prince" Mitchell

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Gav,

I'd be inclined to feed lightly just using white crumb as a binder for your loose offerings.
The weather has turned a tad colder over the past week which can quite easily knock back shallow waters such as the one you're going to.
To much groundbait and the bream will fill up quickly, small amounts with loose offerings will hopefully attract them and hold their interest

Dave
Datafile2.asp

joe1987

'Darwener'
I would go with brown crumb mixed with a little bit of special bream groundbait or roach groundbait as this will add smell and flavour to your mix and also bind a little better without being a high food content grounbait which will kill the swim. As for free offerings, try chopped worm and caster in small amounts or about a quarter pint of squatts maximum.

*)*Joey*(*

Roppa

I certainly would use a ground bait which didn't have much feed value. I'd use a dark proprietry Roach/Bream groundbait 50/50 with brown crumb before adding the water I'd introduce a good handful of fishmeal, when mixed a small amount of hookbait

alan edmonds

Gav... A more experienced angler once said to me . when I was your age, '' sometimes son you just need to flavour the water to keep em where you are, and others aint, let the fish do the rest, if they feed they feed, if they don't they don't, but keep trying'' It may not sound like, too good, but basically the previous guys have said the same... keep it light..flavour the water..don't feed fish that are not feeding..it's not like having a kid at the kitchen table that you can make him /her eat at your command..but just like the kids...they will have a nibble at whatever is going if you tempt them enough...ok mate ..a bit of fish psychology..believe me it works...well most times..
Gooday mate..be patient .....Alan

jonesr

Alan. Spot on at this time of the year!

Ron J

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.