Bream Groundbait

Kevin Tull

I use "Sensas Crazy Bait Black" G/Bait with a few additives. These are : Fennel, Molasses, Crushed Hemp, Micro Pellets and a sprinkling of Hemp.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a better recipe ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Dynamite Silver X Bream or Sensas 3000 Natural Bream, mix in a decent amount of corn and crushed hemp in either of those and add a slosh of Molasses and a few chopped worm.

Keith Sparky

Bream Fishing and ground baits....tried what feels like millions over the years.....have come to the conclusion its the particles you are feeding and the accuracy you are casting the feeder that counts for so much more than the ground bait type. I am sure you will get many magic mixes suggested in this thread but I don`t think one really exists. The only thing that does help is using Fishmeals where the water gets lots of carp attention. Traditional old school Sweet mixes are not so effective on Commercials in my view. My local natural has some carp attention and I use Silver X Bream with a bit of Thatchers Original in the summer and that works fine.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Dynamite Silver X Bream or Sensas 3000 Natural Bream, mix in a decent amount of corn and crushed hemp in either of those and add a slosh of Molasses and a few chopped worm.
used same groundbait at flask for skimmers and odd bream don't like red colour in groundbait though

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You forgot the gas mark and how long for Peter. 😁 You treat the fish in your peg far too well mate. The sensas 3000 is the best gb Ive found for bream. 👍

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d agree on the silver X range although tbh they don’t seem to mind if it says Bream or roach on the packet lol

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Not sure about better but my home made groundbait works. If proper bream are expected then I add a tin of fish flavour catfood that has been pushed through a maggot riddle.

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
For my bream fishing I've i always stuck the basic groundbait we used as kids with my dad -

Brown Crumb and Angel Delight (butterscotch or vanilla seem to be favs) as Bream love a sweet groundbait.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Without doubt ‘Layers Mash’
Fantastic ground bait for big Bream.
Do you know Buck I should know all about this with my missus having 100 and odd chickens. Never tried it. I may just ‘ borrow ‘ some and see if it pulls a few snotties in at Southfields res 👍

Fartacus

Site Supporter
I've just mixed a good quantity of Vitalin, bird seed hemp and maggot and caster with molasses for tommorow,
I hope this works....

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
I'd would only add the 'whole hemp' just before you are going to ball it in or add it to your feeder. If it dries out slightly, it will float bringing the fish up off the bottom!

I would also add some pinkies.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I rember about 20yrs ago on my 1st trip to Ireland. My 1st trip a total novice to Ireland all we used was a mix of brown/white crumbs mixed with a load of hemp and crushed casters and we did ok.of course that was pre baiting the evening before.i think if you dont need a fast attracting mix and can pre bait it dont really matter what mix you use,but if you are on a 5hr match I wouldn't have a scooby do

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Tried the banoffee from sonubaits and I caught but results have been a bit muted. Step forward the father in law, he is not the best angler anymore but my god this groundbait works for him!

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Do you know Buck I should know all about this with my missus having 100 and odd chickens. Never tried it. I may just ‘ borrow ‘ some and see if it pulls a few snotties in at Southfields res 👍
Mash not pellets though. I used to buy layers mash in the winter for my birds. Boil a kettle and make them a fresh porridge every morning. They would go mad for it. I reckon if you put some molasses in it, that would be the the dogs for bream.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Mash not pellets though. I used to buy layers mash in the winter for my birds. Boil a kettle and make them a fresh porridge every morning. They would go mad for it. I reckon if you put some molasses in it, that would be the the dogs for bream.
Hi Sam,

I try not to get involved in my misses chicken and duck keeping hobby but, from what I gather she fetches her chicks on on chick crumb, then I think it's growers crumb or pellet, then mash, then layers pellet. Every now and again she gives them flubenvet layers which I think worms them. They too go ballistic for layers though. I like your idea of mixing it with molasses syrup. That must work. Good idea. 👍

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Hi Sam,

I try not to get involved in my misses chicken and duck keeping hobby but, from what I gather she fetches her chicks on on chick crumb, then I think it's growers crumb or pellet, then mash, then layers pellet. Every now and again she gives them flubenvet layers which I think worms them. They too go ballistic for layers though. I like your idea of mixing it with molasses syrup. That must work. Good idea. 👍
Layers mash will have fine bits of maize(corn)in it, with wheat as well. Don’t get the stuff with flubenvet, although I think this will be only in the pellets. See if you can get a look at some first, as the cheaper layers mash might not be great. A good brand is Garvo, but it’s hard to get hold of and quite expensive. Although saying that a 20kg bag at £20 is cheap compared to fishing groundbait.

bream fisherman

Brown crumb, soaked layers mash, molasses or molasses meal ( for bind and sweetness), bit of fishmeal.
simple for bream, you just need lots of it. a shoal can devour kilos of the stuff in minutes

if you wanna go exotic, add some sweetcorn and stewed wheat to keep em grubbing around.