Bream feeder rod

Simonb73

Looking for 11&12ft feeder rods for skimmers & bream. Narrowed it done to Tri-Cast excellence 11ft / trilogy long range 12ft or browning spheres.

Seen them all and can’t decide which ? Any suggestions / feed back on these rods . All have good reviews. There was a lot of hype on the spheres when they were launched but seems to have died down. Are Tri-Cast too stiff for skimmers ?
thanks

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I would suggest a preston supera 11ft6 40gram cw,,about £170,, this is a fantastic rod???

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Looking for 11&12ft feeder rods for skimmers & bream. Narrowed it done to Tri-Cast excellence 11ft / trilogy long range 12ft or browning spheres.

Seen them all and can’t decide which ? Any suggestions / feed back on these rods . All have good reviews. There was a lot of hype on the spheres when they were launched but seems to have died down. Are Tri-Cast too stiff for skimmers ?
thanks
The tri cast rods are good very good but make sure you buy the ones in 2 equal half as I had to buy an extra large rod bag to carry mine made up as the half with the tip is much bigger than the reel half

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d suggest an drennan acolyte ultra although the Preston supera is a decent suggestion as well from what I’ve seen on of it. Actually had a waggle of the browning in a AD yesterday and whilst the rod it’s itself feels alright the handle is horrible, is like a cross between the handle of an overly tarty lure rod and some sort of Star Wars weapon!

rufcuk

All the rods you have chosen are excellent- I have spheres and can highly recommend them the blanks are the slimmest you can buy for the sizes and are strong but also ideal for the type of fishing you want to do as they are soft and responsive - everyone i
know that owns spheres will highly recommend them- unfortunately due to high cost when up against a tournament for instance and also brand snobbery/ proven track record people buy other brands. If people knew how good they were they wouldn't buy anything else.

fredradac

Site Supporter
I love my Tricast feeder rods - if by any chace you can find the original 11ft 4in Tom Pickering model there is your ideal skimmer/bream rod.
BTW mine is not for sale.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I love my Tricast feeder rods - if by any chace you can find the original 11ft 4in Tom Pickering model there is your ideal skimmer/bream rod.
BTW mine is not for sale.
Mine neither...nor ever will be along with my original 4 x 4..as you say absolutely perfect bream rods, if I was in the market for a feeder rod my 1st stop would be Tri-cast very underated rods and every Tri-cast feeder rod I have picked up has been very good, just because they don't have the market saturation of other brands doesn't mean they are not as good , they certainly are and better in most cases.
As an aside if you can find a maver micro crystal 12ft medium feeder rod this also a very good bream rod designed by Dennis White for that exact purpose and I have seen him use the rod long after he left maver and will probably be available at a bargain price

Simonb73

Thanks for the reply’s. Leaning towards Tri-Cast. Does any one have experience with excellence and trilogy ?

Nicky Dodds

I had a 10, 11, 12, and two 13ft spheres. I would say the 11 and 12ft are the best in the range.

lliopp

Site Supporter
I have old tricast rods 4x4, 11'4 spring tip etc , and sphere 12/ 13 ft rods . The tricast s are in the loft, the spheres are made up ready to go xx

Rickb

I went through the same dilemma, ended up with the Daiwa Castizm, 12.6 and then had the 11.6 as well. lovely rods.

Nicky Dodds

All my spheres are long gone and I now use matrix horizons all through the range. Best bet is to go to a big shop that has a decent variety but dont go alone, take a mate as an unbiased opinion always helps.