Breakaways (the biscuit)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Last year I had a count up and just in drinks alone I was having 16 teaspoons of sugar a day :eek:

Down to just one now and that's in my first morning coffee

Alantherose

Site Supporter
I was worse in my teens. Used to eat a whole packet of Maryland choc and nut cookies in my lunch break 😳

Silver fan 82

If you've not tried this guys give it a go...
Get yourself a Penguin chocolate bar (other brands are available) and bite off a corner on each end diagonal to each other. Dunk in your brew like a straw and suck but not for too long. The biscuit soaks your brew up and your left with a melt chocolatey mess
😋
Be quick though and it can be messy lol!

Ian67

Get yourself a Penguin chocolate bar (other brands are available) and bite off a corner on each end diagonal to each other. Dunk in your brew like a straw and suck but not for too long. The biscuit soaks your brew up and your left with a melt chocolatey mess
😋
Gonna try that tommorow night after a bottle of red,the gf has a white dining table too....ooooffff😬😬

scuttster

Site Supporter
You're not wrong. I had some Sugar Puffs for breakfast recently. Don't taste remotely like the Sugar Puffs I used to love.
Same with Frosties they aren't like they were. Thank goodness for corn flakes though add your own sugar and they still taste the same.

Choccy digestives... out of the fridge for enhanced "bite" from the choc.
Caramel digestives for that extra sweetness!

Im still finding it very hard not eat a full pack of jaffa cakes,that jammy middle is so addictive
They made it far too easy to eat a whole pack by reducing the number in them. though best way to not eat a whole pack is to have the evil special edition ones! Classic Jaffa orange for me.

Ian67

Same with Frosties they aren't like they were. Thank goodness for corn flakes though add your own sugar and they still taste the same.

Caramel digestives for that extra sweetness!

They made it far too easy to eat a whole pack by reducing the number in them. though best way to not eat a whole pack is to have the evil special edition ones! Classic Jaffa orange for me.
Everythings getting smaller,think its called shrinkflation,Ive just eaten a gold bar with my cuppa and its tiny

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Another biccie that can suck up a brew and endure a long dunk is the All Butter Shortbread Finger.... heaven.... again... sadly not allowed...
Doc threatened me with Statins if I kept on with the biccies

Ian67

Another biccie that can suck up a brew and endure a long dunk is the All Butter Shortbread Finger.... heaven.... again... sadly not allowed...
Doc threatened me with Statins if I kept on with the biccies
Awww thats too bad,so much eye candy in the supermarkets/bargain shops aswell

scuttster

Site Supporter
Everythings getting smaller,think its called shrinkflation,Ive just eaten a gold bar with my cuppa and its tiny
yeah gold bars are far smaller nowadays. but most choccie bars are ☹️ soon they'll all be the size of those Terry's Twilight chocolates your aunt bought you at Christmas in the 80's!

Ian67

yeah gold bars are far smaller nowadays. but most choccie bars are ☹️ soon they'll all be the size of those Terry's Twilight chocolates your aunt bought you at Christmas in the 80's!
I remember the little red machines with the mini dairymilk bars in at Christmas too and of course the Terrys chocolate orange

scuttster

Site Supporter
I remember the little red machines with the mini dairymilk bars in at Christmas too and of course the Terrys chocolate orange
ooo yeah I remember the mini dairy milks. Still normally get the chocolate orange at Christmas and they have definitely shrunk.

Foul hooked

😋
Do the same with a twix. just bite a bit off each end and away you go. instant choccy straw