Brand New

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
This is not a thread for those that didn't have a lot as a kid and can now afford something new, but a celebration of how hard you have worked before deciding to have a brand new <insert object of desire.>I was 43 before I bought my first brand new bike. > It;'s not a badge of honour, just circumstance. I had a very good mate who was middle class, kicked out of home at 16 and my mother wouldn't let him stay any else and to this this day he is still grateful.. I guess somethings you just can't buy.

johng19

me@home.com
Don't think I will ever be able to buy a brand new car. Not that I want one. But would nice if I did.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
All the cars I have owned have been new, to me!!!!

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I was 21 when I bought a brand new motorbike, never had a brand new car, and after seeing the price my son paid for a car less than a year old, I can't see the point in it.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I had about 20 company cars from new before I retired.
From the sublime to the ridiculous - Morris Marina, Austin Allegro, Austin Princess, several Cortinas, a Montego, Cavalier SRi - a brute, no power steering but good fun, a couple of Sierras, a Peugeot 405 (disaster!), several Mondeos, VW Passat, a Mercedes E320 (tinny), and the best of the lot, an Audi A6 Estate 4WD.

But I'd never buy a brand new car myself. The depreciation over that first 12 months is ridiculous, it's throwing money away.
My current car would have been £35K new.
I bought it for £23K at 13 months old, with 6,600 miles on the clock. Barely run in, and glitches sorted.

But everything is relative. At the age of 14 I was desperate to own an Ambidex reel, and worked on a farm for 6 weeks during the Summer holidays and harvest. Saved every one of my hard earned pennies, and on the last day before school started, walked proudly into the tackle shop to buy my Ambidex. I was so proud of that reel! :cool:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Like a few if I want it I have had to work hard for it, I honestly think that makes ya more appreciative of what ya do have no matter if it’s new or not ?

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
only time ive had a brand new car is for my daughter who is disabled and was from mobility, was nice to just for once having a brand new car have drove new vans for work thats the nearest i have been

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I had about 20 company cars from new before I retired.
From the sublime to the ridiculous - Morris Marina, Austin Allegro, Austin Princess, several Cortinas, a Montego, Cavalier SRi - a brute, no power steering but good fun, a couple of Sierras, a Peugeot 405 (disaster!), several Mondeos, VW Passat, a Mercedes E320 (tinny), and the best of the lot, an Audi A6 Estate 4WD.

But I'd never buy a brand new car myself. The depreciation over that first 12 months is ridiculous, it's throwing money away.
My current car would have been £35K new.
I bought it for £23K at 13 months old, with 6,600 miles on the clock. Barely run in, and glitches sorted.

But everything is relative. At the age of 14 I was desperate to own an Ambidex reel, and worked on a farm for 6 weeks during the Summer holidays and harvest. Saved every one of my hard earned pennies, and on the last day before school started, walked proudly into the tackle shop to buy my Ambidex. I was so proud of that reel! :cool:

Like you Banksy I had loads of brand new cars when I was a rep,the company leased them on two year,40.000 miles agreements when I'd had them for about nine months I would have done 30,000 and they would go back to the factory for someone to run about in for the last 10,000,I had one of the first SRI's,I don't know about you but I had problems with it,it would suddenly lose power,the main agents kept saying there was nothing wrong with it until a fellow I met in a car park who had one told me it was a fault with the valves that Vauxall knew about but didn't want to recall them,when I mentioned this to my garage it suddenly got put right,never had a new car after I left my job as a rep and never really wanted to spend the money on one,high mileage ex lease cars were as cheap as chips in the auctions and you knew they had been serviced regularly.