brand new lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith74

THFC
Cut a long story short, I bumped into an old mate i,d not seen for a while and he told me his dad was having a fishery built.
With having a day off today i decided to make a call as the lakes dont officially open until early July. No problem, come down was the reply[:)]
An hour later i was setting up, Lovely looking place and a silvers only venue. At the side of each peg, going out about 6m is what i can only really describe as a "finger" an island type of thing about 4 feet wide. This gave really calm water away from the open water of the lake.
I set up to fish just to the tip of the island, On the pole line had about 4ft of water. Fed a handful of maggots and shipped out. First ten mins not a sniff, was feeding 8-10 maggots every two mins.
All of a sudden the float buries and a little chub of about 4oz puts up a great account of itself. This set the scene for the rest of the day, Fish a chuck. Every cast produced a different species to the last, I had bream, chub, perch,rudd, roach,tench,hybrids,golden tench and golden rudd and even a brown goldfish. Not really many big fish, (although one bream was about 4lb and a couple of perch and tench around the lb mark)
Must have had close to 100 fish in about 3 hours.Stunning fishing in a lovely environment. My mates dad(Gordon Bullock) came and sat with me for a chat and was telling me a few of his plans for the venue. The one that stood out the most was on the central island of the laes he has installed a large web cam that every minute rotates to one of the 30 pegs on the lake, So say i went with my son, my wife could watch us fishing "live" via the internet[:D].
All in all a really enjoyable few hours. Anybody interested in the place they have a really good website, just google REDBRIDGE LAKES. Although my feeling is it maybe a little expensive 40 to join and 1.50 an hour to fish there[:0]. But to my mind once joined a 5 hour session would cost 7.50. If it continues to fish like today its well worth it www.redbridgelakes.co.uk

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Sounds cracking Keith but the price per hour will put a lot of people off. Haven't heard of paying by the hour before. Your average pleasure angler will fish 8am to 5pm, thats 13.50p which is a bit steep.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Sounds a nice place, I like the idea of silvers only, but too expensive for me.
A full 12 hour day in the summer 15, plus the 40 to join? No thanks.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Have just been to their web-site, it mentions the 40 to join and says you can purchase day-tickets but doesn`t give a price. Maybe it`s cheaper than the 1.50 an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.