Brand new carp margin whip failed on a carp

Geovani

I bought a Middy carp whip once (rated to 25 elastic) and the elastic was connected to a large fat swivel rather than a proper bung ! If that swivel moves it would cause the Top kit to shatter totally ! Not really safe in a young persons hands! I was going to give it away but consider it too dangerous to be used really.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
I bought a Middy carp whip once (rated to 25 elastic) and the elastic was connected to a large fat swivel rather than a proper bung ! If that swivel moves it would cause the Top kit to shatter totally ! Not really safe in a young persons hands! I was going to give it away but consider it too dangerous to be used really.
just check mine that bought for daughter has same swivel to connect to elastic will try and buy a bung for it only going to be used on small fish not carp

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I would put it down to experience, and put a proper bung and elastic in the pole or chuck it, if you feel that agrieved by it. It does sound like cheap tat, but can be made usable. Leeda used to do some nice budget stuff, back in the day. A shame their standards have slipped. But they're not the only ones using this rubbish set up. I believe Middy use it on the White Knuckle Thriller 6m margin pole. If I ever bought a pre elasticated pole, I would definitely want to inspect the elastic and bung set up before using it.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I would put it down to experience, and put a proper bung and elastic in the pole or chuck it, if you feel that agrieved by it. It does sound like cheap tat, but can be made usable. Leeda used to do some nice budget stuff, back in the day. A shame their standards have slipped. But they're not the only ones using this rubbish set up. I believe Middy use it on the White Knuckle Thriller 6m margin pole. If I ever bought a pre elasticated pole, I would definitely want to inspect the elastic and bung set up before using it.
I bought the white knuckle for grandson a couple of years ago before got him Daiwa yank n bank.
The bungs in the white knuckle were middy bungs Not swivels, I changed the elastic in topkits for lighter grades,