Brand Loyalty?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I'm pretty loyal to Greys because they seem to make good gear, and they're on their ar5e these days and need all the help they can get by the look of it lol

I do buy some tarty stuff from the likes of Daiwa and Shimano though, but i wouldn't blindly buy cheap Daiwa reels because they have made some turds recently in the shape of their (cheaper end) LT reels.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Nice. Been looking at that carryall meself. Need a new rod holdall as well. I have a Maver seatbox so If I buy the same as you, will that make me a tart?
You’ll be getting there mate 👍I had Maver platinum luggage, but it’s a fair few years old and the zips have gone 😂

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter

trotter2

Not really bothered, I use what ever takes my fancy. The reels l I use are 40 yrs old old Abu 500 closed face jobs.
Rod are rovex, drennan and browning.
I do try other stuff a long the way buy, second hand and move it on if it does not fit my ideal.
Not really a fan on daiwa reels much prefer shimano that's about my only gripe.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I have stuff from loads of manufacturers but I do have brand disloyalty (if that’s a thing) to Daiwa. Three rods have broke/snapped during my angling life, 1981, 1999 and 2009, all daiwa.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
I must look like a tackle gypsy because everything I own from rods, reels, winter weather gear is a complete and utter concoction of different brands. I’ve tended to sway towards gear that appears suited to the job and in my price range as opposed to a specific range.

Roger_feederer

Site Supporter
I must look like a tackle gypsy because everything I own from rods, reels, winter weather gear is a complete and utter concoction of different brands. I’ve tended to sway towards gear that appears suited to the job and in my price range as opposed to a specific range.
Are you my long lost twin brother? With my preston reel on my garbo rod on my guru rodrest fishing a matrix feeder...