Brand Loyalty?

alsur

Site Supporter
Same as most others really, buy what suits the need best. Having said that, love my Shimano reels, do have others though. Only have Map poles. Strangely, i will not use Daiwa at all, over priced and even more so, over-hyped, IMHO of course.
I think Shimano made a mistake by removing backwind from latest reels and rules them out for me, I have a couple of Daiwa reels I paid £60 for procaster evo and old TDM and both are very good just as good as equivalent Shimano

DavC1h

Site Supporter
I think Shimano made a mistake by removing backwind from latest reels and rules them out for me, I have a couple of Daiwa reels I paid £60 for procaster evo and old TDM and both are very good just as good as equivalent Shimano
I think the backwind thing is a really good point. I have a couple of the newer Stradics and they do take some getting used to. Stonking reels once you do though.
With regards Daiwa, had TDRs and sold them, just could not understand why everyone raved about them, had a Procaster, and sold it after using it once. Daiwa are obviously good reels, i just cannot get on with them, Shimano everytime for me.

markthemouse

Its a tackle tarts thing , i know people that have maver everything and others preston everything - its like a fashion show at the commercials lol

rudd

Site Supporter
Trust me carp anglers are really fussy about what brands they use.
Really - Jrc, wychwood,korda,esp,shimano,fox,gardner, korum,kryston,matriyx,ridgemonkey,nash,solar,sonu,guru,dinsmores,preston,sketex,rovex,masterline,daiwa,badger,crafty catcher,mainline, avon, waterline, ruben heaton and thats just the stuff I remember in my carp kit!

for course add Zebco, browning, TFG, MAP, Dunlop, savage gear, leeda, drennan, sundridge,sensas,matrix,milo,middy,mitchel,octoplus,penrose,stonfo,seymo,okuma,woolworths,ng,nrg,Shakey,milbro,anchor, greys,, mustad, kamazan,and a multitude of unknowns

then sea add HTO, Penn, Abu, breakaway, ian golds,sakuma, berkley,varivas, coleman

I am not even loyal to my wallet! 😀

Freesolo82

I don't really have brand loyalty there are a few brands which I like to use but I have a few brands I avoid like the plague

alsur

Site Supporter
I think by sticking to one brand you are not buying the best or best value items every time. I have a couple of Drennan Rods which I really like but the Drennan reels leave a lot to be desired. I like Preston ICS feeders but I found bands on some Preston pre tied hooks kept breaking so use Guru equivalent.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
thing is, I posted earlier about my favourite brands

but, I expect all of us have rods reels tackle etc from damn near every other supplier

Silver fan 82

Really - Jrc, wychwood,korda,esp,shimano,fox,gardner, korum,kryston,matriyx,ridgemonkey,nash,solar,sonu,guru,dinsmores,preston,sketex,rovex,masterline,daiwa,badger,crafty catcher,mainline, avon, waterline, ruben heaton and thats just the stuff I remember in my carp kit!

for course add Zebco, browning, TFG, MAP, Dunlop, savage gear, leeda, drennan, sundridge,sensas,matrix,milo,middy,mitchel,octoplus,penrose,stonfo,seymo,okuma,woolworths,ng,nrg,Shakey,milbro,anchor, greys,, mustad, kamazan,and a multitude of unknowns

then sea add HTO, Penn, Abu, breakaway, ian golds,sakuma, berkley,varivas, coleman

I am not even loyal to my wallet! 😀
What I meant was referring to having everything matching. Rods, reels, alarms etc.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mick, you are without doubt one person who I would never accuse of being a "Tackle Tart" 😂 🤣

1612007524819.png
Dawns Vale !

that was the new tri cast rod (poss a aristocrat) wench bought for my birthday, shacked up with a shimao perfection, on the wag with stillwaer blues for the eyes and arses

think that was my old little gem river roaming seatbox, now long gone, think I gave it to one of the clubs kids in a fit of generosity one day, it was realy light to carry

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
No brand loyalty from me, if I own something that is bettered by another manufacturer then I’ll happily switch. The only branded clothing I have is what I have been given or won in matches. I will not buy branded clothing, rather buy plain at Go Outdoors etc.

As others have listed, many different brands.

Poles - were all Daiwa, now sold, Browning on order.

Rods - Normark, Daiwa, Maver, Preston, Cresta

Seatbox - Octbox

Luggage- Mosella

Rollers - Matrix, Mosella

Keepnets - Mosella, MAP, Preston,

Landing net handle - Garbolino

Hooks, Guru, Kamasan and Gamma

Terminal tackle - huge variety, line was Stroft, have now switched to NGauge.

Nothing tackle tarty about me.......

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
No brand loyalty whatsoever.
Equally - once I've got something I'm happy with performance wise I don't go out looking to improve it. So I use a lot of 25 or 30 year old kit.

The OP mentioned cars ... I've had a different marque every time ... although I do tend to keep mine for a relatively long time.