braid at drayton res

Status
Not open for further replies.

s444mjt

hi does anyone know if you can use braid at drayton res cheers .going sunday what are the best pegs on here and boddingtons cheers

methodgob

yoda
Why would you use braid????[:0][:0][:0]

8 or 10lb line is all that's needed.Long chucks are not needed and the bites aren't what you'd call shy!![;)]

s444mjt

still got it on me old carp reels mate ,the main reason for braid is better hooking at distance very abrasion resistant ,and its a different world to play fish on, for those who have used it will tell you awesome stuff .funny this year on our ireland trip nearly all the anglers were using it for bream fishing you get far less tow if you are fishing with it ,berkley fireline is the one we use [:T]

Fishnets

pegs....most bare hooks, slap the water and catch the fish as they jump into the net ........

carpmagic

Site Supporter
Braid is banned on most BWB waters, I assume Drayton is the same.

s444mjt

yes ur right mr magic just had a word with the bailif no braid no nuts barbless hooks and a unhooking mat and thats about it.can anyone give me the any tips on the best methods to use not been before [:H]

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
yeah braids banned. the boards are probably the best pegs but if you fail to catch you should hang your rods up

Milo

23/04/04 - 28/01/20
In Memoriam
Fish the bagging waggler, or up and down waggler. Fish as far as you can chuck but keep it going in. LOw numbers on the dam wall or the boards to the right.

Milo

23/04/04 - 28/01/20
In Memoriam
It is made of multiple single fibres so will withstand more abrasion the mono.

s444mjt

also depends on the type of braid fireline is especially good for this the finer braids such as whiplash are thinner but no where near as strong

isis

Site Supporter
Boddington pegs 75 and up I think are the best pegs. Pellet Waggler has been the main method for a little while. You could try straight lead with a pellet and a tea bag with small pellets in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.