Brafferton Fishery Near York

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvon

Thinking about fishing Brafferton in the next couple of weeks,has anyone fished it recently ? Whats catching and what baits are required ?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Haven't fished it myself but a couple of mates of mine have been going down twice a week for the last month or so.

Ghost Lake is the lake to fish - they've been fishing the pegs towards the car-park but I think that was purely 'cos they couldn't be arsed to walk any further[:p]

They've just been fishing the pole at 7m and in the margins, feeding pellet with pellet, meat or corn on the hook. They've averaged 100lb every trip - a mixture of F1's and normal carp with the odd lump pushing double figures.

I don't know if it's been fishing the same with this current warm weather but it's forecast to get cooler again next week so I'd expect the conditions to be very similar.

Best thing about Brafferton is a complete lack of daft rules, decent pricing and you can use keepnets[:D]

Simon

cruciankid

cruciankid
although ive posted on a similar thread i would be very much in debt if anyone can provide some up to date info on what i expect to win an upcoming match with this saturday on here? silvers or carp? bait-magott/caster or pellet/corn? also can you fish the method feeder on here?

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Phone number for Brafferton
Tel: 01423 360402

Just in case you want to get info about rules etc from 'the horses mouth' cruciankid

cruciankid

cruciankid
Originally posted by SteveH

Phone number for Brafferton
Tel: 01423 360402

Just in case you want to get info about rules etc from 'the horses mouth' cruciankid

cheers steve much appreciated[:)]

AlexM

river warrior
how did you get on and what are the rules at this fisherie?

yorkie2

fished this last week had a great day on the bank. would defo recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.