Boxing Day fixtures

62tucker

Site Supporter
I know it’s a tradition but this year there’s going to be 4 different kick off times. Leicester v Liverpool 8pm. Have the tv got to much power and all festive games should be 3pm kickoff for family reasons

H T B

Site Supporter
Used to like home Boxing Day fixtures, out with lads for a few bevvies, then back for tea.
8pm!
That is beyond stupid.
Little or no public transport after 6pm

The Landlord

Site Supporter
This year's boxing day fixtures are all being shown by Amazon TV.
I was panicking because we have BT & Sky iin the pub but there's no way a firestick will work in a pub with loads of people using the wifi. Anyway - seems that Amazon have done a deal with BT for the pubs. It'll cost us extra but we'll have to do it.

DFL

Site Supporter
I thought local Derby’s were also a tradition on Boxing Day to make travelling a bit easier,

Feldy

Site Supporter
Doesn't help families having matches at 8pm on Boxing day either, ridiculous idea imo, should all kick off at 3pm.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Should kick off at 3.00 and should be local derbys. The aren’t many traditions left are there.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Logical or logistical reasons perhaps yes. Would suggest that 8pm is more family friendly than 3pm. Spend morning and lunch potentially with the family. Then head out after lunch if you are Liverpool fan, or if a Leicester fan have tea time with the family too before heading out. If we are confusing going to the game with a day out on the lash, then some may be in a pub as soon as one opens and the game is on when the game is on. Spending all day on it regardless of when the game is may not be family friendly. Unless they are on it with you of course or you go with their blessing.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it was 8, I might make it. 3, not a chance, and I'm gutted - the one away game I wanted to go to this year was Sheffield United, and was the first fixture I looked for when they were released. As soon as I saw that it was on Boxing Day, no way was i going :(