Boxing day betting

squimp

Site Supporter
I get the fun bit.

I come from a family where we only bet on the Grand National and my mum refused to ever go into a betting shop.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Think of it as fishing a match, you pay your money in, chance of winning may be quite small but you still do it

160642fishing

Site Supporter
For me it's just fun, keeps me interested. I only bet small and never expect to win. I have a limit for the season and once it's gone it's gone, any wins go into a pot for days out with the kids (we dont get many days out lol). Shorter the odds then more chance of it coming in. The trick to me is betting bigger when you are confident that it will come in your favour.
Same for me Yorkieboy,I only bet small,I can afford it and it gives a bit more interest to the league results,very rarely bet on the horses other than if one of my 'share' horses run,I used to work for a bookie and it was funny how much more money he had than the punters,I also fish with a number of blokes from Newmarket who worked in the racing game and they reckon anything below 3 is fiddled in the main.

squimp

Site Supporter
I played in a cricket team at school and the opening batsman had some serious contact in the racing business. We used to stop the minibus at a bookies on the journey to away matches. Unsurprisingly we usually won.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Ones for you to avoid today are.
Norwich and Swansea £3 double at 7/2

Norich
Swansea
Blackburn
Lincoln
Sunderland
Cambridge
£1 at 66/1

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Birmingham v Bburn
Bolton v Crawley
Forest Green v Oldham
Burton v Oxford
Wimbledon v Lincoln
Walsall v Carlisle

All btts £2.50 pays £73

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Well I've got Lincoln too so it must win lol.

Norwich
Lincoln
Oxford
Forest Green

Did have brentford too but void game. Above 4 is about 10/1

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Couple of you had wins anyway. Well done chaps. Looks like the Mackems messed a couple up though