Boxing day betting

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
Hope everyone has had a good day and recieved presents you wanted.

Traditionally boxing day would be spent in the pub watching football and racing for me but unfortunately can't do that this year. None the less I will still have a flutter and have the sport on the Tele.

Betting wise I have had a few quid on waiting patiently in the king George at kempton at 20/1 along with a few more horses in small multiples throughout the day. United Vs Leicester should be a good game to watch and I had small treble of UTD, Southampton and Villa.
These are definitely not tips and just interest for me. I do know a few on here have a bet now and again though.
Good luck to you all and if you want to put any of your fancys up we can all lose together 😛

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Can't get a footy bet up to save me life at the moment. I normally do a 5 or 6 match acca (£3 to £5) - mixture of results and BTTS.
Same with the nags...not even getting close. Normally do a lucky 15 or yankee.

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
Can't get a footy bet up to save me life at the moment. I normally do a 5 or 6 match acca (£3 to £5) - mixture of results and BTTS.
Can't say my luck is any different really. Always get the one letting me down on the footy and it's usually a championship club. With the gee gees if I get 2 up and my cashout is decent I get tempted. Usually cash out and get two more winner. When I don't cash out I get two losers. It's all fun though with small stakes.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
I have a bet most weekends, skybet usually have a race where you get your money back if 2nd or 3rd, an accumulator on the footy too.

This weeks pick of the losers are
Falco Blitz 13.15 kempton 12/1

All to win
Blackburn
Blackpool
Lincoln
MK Dons
Oxford

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Neither can I Landlord,like you one club lets me down every week,and it's usually one of the odds on clubs,Hull City at home last week but I will be having one today,I'm using the same system this season as last and last year it worked well,this year it's cr*p.

The system,such as it is works like this,I use the tables below to count the home goals,scored by the home against the ones scored against them and the goals conceded by the away team against the ones they have scored,any games where there is a ten plus difference I mark down and then take the top four differences and lose my money that way,got to be better than picking them at random :D
Todays selections are, Blackburn +15,Charlton +16 ,Carlisle +15 and Cheltenham +13, I then added Lincoln as a hunch in a £3 acca at 14/1 and had a seperate bet adding Preston away £1 at 54/1

Last edited:

genesis

Account Locked
Wifey said to me the other month why do you spend so long studying form on the footy as you are not having much luck. I advised her that form had to be studied otherwise you may as well stick a pin in the paper. She asked me to put her two BTTS four timers on at a fiver a piece and used my match secs draw bag to pull four pegs for each bet to correspond with the match number on the list. Guess what. Both came up and she won £364. And I didn't get my tenner back.

davylad

Site Supporter
I had a sudden impulse to have a bet on the gee gees a couple of weeks since, as I don't usually bother. Years ago I used to have a 6-4-1, 6 doubles, 4 trebles, and an accumilator, (50p) so I picked my 4 horses and took my slip to the counter. The bloke looked a little puzzled, so I just explained I hadn't had a bet like this for years. He showed my slip to his colleague and muttered something, then said "that will be £6-06p. I just paid him, but thought it would be £5-50p, anyone know how he got that sum? Oh by the way I had a winner and 3 seconds, nothing changes. :(

bluemack

Site Supporter
I had a sudden impulse to have a bet on the gee gees a couple of weeks since, as I don't usually bother. Years ago I used to have a 6-4-1, 6 doubles, 4 trebles, and an accumilator, (50p) so I picked my 4 horses and took my slip to the counter. The bloke looked a little puzzled, so I just explained I hadn't had a bet like this for years. He showed my slip to his colleague and muttered something, then said "that will be £6-06p. I just paid him, but thought it would be £5-50p, anyone know how he got that sum? Oh by the way I had a winner and 3 seconds, nothing changes. :(
Should have been £5. 50. ,i cant see any other combo that would make it £6.06p.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Hope everyone has had a good day and recieved presents you wanted.

Traditionally boxing day would be spent in the pub watching football and racing for me but unfortunately can't do that this year. None the less I will still have a flutter and have the sport on the Tele.

Betting wise I have had a few quid on waiting patiently in the king George at kempton at 20/1 along with a few more horses in small multiples throughout the day. United Vs Leicester should be a good game to watch and I had small treble of UTD, Southampton and Villa.
These are definitely not tips and just interest for me. I do know a few on here have a bet now and again though.
Good luck to you all and if you want to put any of your fancys up we can all lose together 😛
Unlucky mate. 2nd by 2 lengths. I often back Frodon but didn't have a bet today. I'd have probably backed Cyrname if I had.

genesis

Account Locked
I have a bet most weekends, skybet usually have a race where you get your money back if 2nd or 3rd, an accumulator on the footy too.

This weeks pick of the losers are
Falco Blitz 13.15 kempton 12/1

All to win
Blackburn
Blackpool
Lincoln
MK Dons
Oxford
I took your advice and had a £20 four timer as Blackpool was called off.

Come on Blackburn lets have that winner.