Boxes for long hooklengths

Sebbie

Site Supporter
I use Guru small rig cases for my hooklengths up to 6” and a MAP box for hooklengths up to 23”, and both are fine (although I find the orange interior of the Guru box hard on the eyes when selecting hooklengths on sunny days. I know, heresy to Guru aficionados).

As I fish primarily natural waters, at this time of year I tend to use hooklengths longer than 23” when ledgering. In the past I have just added extra line to my 23” hooklengths in a loop to loop arrangement, but I’m getting fed up with this.

I’ve seen online the Matrix Small EVA Hooklength Storage system and the Guru rig boxes. Has anyone got these and if so what do you think of them?

Are there alternatives that I should be considering?

TIA

Bigtonyd

I use the guru rig box(with the storage wheels) and like chefster says they all do the same job. You can get a fair few on each and you can have the hook length what ever length you want.

piscatorial

I use the Preston ones as you don't have to use pins.

Remember those hard plastic ones issued free with the Angling Times years ago, think they were or based on Daiwa ones.
Iv'e still got some somewhere.
Why change the wheel?

bricky72

Site Supporter
during 1st lockdown I looked at Eva spools for 1m long hook length and settled on the matrix ones as it was big enough to have hook sizes I needed in mono and Fluoo if required
live had no problems with them to point got another one for river feeder hook length
brill bit of kit and as they are two colour spools in box made it easy to do mono and Fluor so know what is what spools sit tight on pegs so no chance dropping of

lliopp

Site Supporter
eBay has a great selection, many from source. I reckon on buying some over 5 years ago that have done the job perfectly.

Philnun87

I use the Preston ones as you don't have to use pins.

Remember those hard plastic ones issued free with the Angling Times years ago, think they were or based on Daiwa ones.
Iv'e still got some somewhere.
Why change the wheel?
Another vote for the Preston ones; they are nice and compact and not having to use pins is a really plus...always end up dropping them!