Bough Beech

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiginous3554

Went to Bough Beech this afternoon, got there about 3pm. Fished on the dam wall by the steps. There is now 4 full slabs showing, so the water is down a bit. Was casting about 70yards using a 30 gm grip mesh feeder, and dead maggot on the hook, caught a few gudgeon, roach, then at about 4.30 pm got a great wrap around bite, struck and after a few minutes a good bream of about 41/2LB was in the net. Kept on catching little fish so changed to sweetcorn putting some in the feeder. Caught a few skimmer ,s and a greedy little roach. At about 7 pm I started getting a bite a chuck catching skimmers and 5 proper bream all about 3LB. Had my last cast about 8.30pm and then threw my ground bait and sweetcorn in about 4 foot in front of me, as the swans usually gobble this up. Sat back down on my box, there was a swirl in front of me over the bait. Then a huge tail appeared. It was a common carp of about 25LB grubbing in the bait I had thrown in. Never seen a carp been caught at the place before. The water was about 3ft deep, and with my polaroids had a good view of this beast hoovering up the sweetcorn. Walking back to the car park the fry was in the edge getting attacked by loads of small perch. A good day. [:T]

rookery54

not bothered by the pike then

usually you have a few then its like feeding time at the zoo[:0]

indiginous3554

No not this time, but as I said the poor little fry where getting battered in the margins, there was even a crow, there that was picking up the fry that had jumped out of the water and onto the concrete slab[:T]

Bill G

Grandad
brian try using worm on the hook and dont use a grip mesh but a solid type of feeder .the water is too deep for a cage type.
also put dead pinky through the feeder the bream will move in quicker .
hemphead no day tickets unless you are with a member.you can fish it on an edenbridge ticket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.