Bough Beech reservoir ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swingtipper

285 acres in the Weald of Kent/Sussex border, alway wanted to have a bash and now I have a permit for the year through my club, but I know nothing about it, they have a website but its a bit basic, http://www.boughbeechfishing.com/ has anyone fished there? the carp and pike fishing is syndicate but I have heard that the Bream and Roach fishing is first class, would like some pointers to what areas to try without making myself look a muppet! I guess due to its nature a heavy feeder at range is a starting point, any info to give me an edge?
Thanks!

indiginous3554

The dam wall is alright but you need a good long cast to get onto the natural bottom. You will see the slabs on the floor, i think it is 13 of these before you get onto the natural bottom. In summer the water is a bit lower so less of a cast. The natural bank to the right of the clubhouse if you face the water is okay as well but not so deep as the dam area. The bank opposite the clubhouse is alright as well with a few nice little bays. There is some clonking bream in there, and roach, and perch, gudgeon. I have had better bream on sweetcorn, and worm, maggot gets you loads of bites from little fish, In the summer take plenty of tackle with you as you get hammered by the pike[:T]

Swingtipper

Originally posted by indiginous3554

The dam wall is alright but you need a good long cast to get onto the natural bottom. You will see the slabs on the floor, i think it is 13 of these before you get onto the natural bottom. In summer the water is a bit lower so less of a cast. The natural bank to the right of the clubhouse if you face the water is okay as well but not so deep as the dam area. The bank opposite the clubhouse is alright as well with a few nice little bays. There is some clonking bream in there, and roach, and perch, gudgeon. I have had better bream on sweetcorn, and worm, maggot gets you loads of bites from little fish, In the summer take plenty of tackle with you as you get hammered by the pike[:T]

Thanks for that, I only live in Edenbridge so nice and local! Think I'm going to kick off from the west bank just past Hilders farm, the entrance with the carpark and toilets thats marked on the info map, had a look on Google earth and some nice looking bays and hidyholes to explore!

Bill G

Grandad
one of my favourite places to fish,
the dam is probably the most consistant area ,especially by the steps.the yacht club bank produces a lot of fish but not as big as those from the dam .the far side from the yacht club is my most favoured area as this is where you can have as much fun as it is possible to have with your clothes on.
the roach fishing is awesome ,six metre whip feeding a ball of groundbait every chuck,caster on the hook and pray for a wind ,the undertow that starts up is what you are looking for and the roach just queue up for it .groundbait is just plain brown crumb with pv1 binder added just to sweeten it and get it down on the deck .
put a few casters in your mix along with some hemp.
sixty pounds plus of quality roach in a session is easily done when conditions are spot on and you should take thirty plus even when they arent.
plenty of groundbait as you get through loads of it .

Last edited:

Swingtipper

The west bank opposite the club, whats the depth like, as it was farm land I'm guessing the fall from the bank is pretty shallow?

Bill G

Grandad
depth is slow to drop off but you will find about fifteen ft or more at thirty yards or so.
for whip fishing at about ten yards its six to eight ft.
so depth is pretty good.
the deepest area is on what they call single tree point,here it drops away to nigh on forty ft.

Swingtipper

Had a walk along the West bank late afternoon today (sun) some cars parked by the barns but could not see anyone fishing so I went over to the yacht club entrance and had a walk along the damm, bit windy, water was pretty choppy, looks a challenge! I wonder where everyone was fishing?

Bill G

Grandad
if it gets too choppy when you are on the dam look out for the undertow dragging your feeder all over the shop.
just add a lump of lead and you will be fine.

as for those by the barn they could have been a long way down to the left as you face the water from the barn side.
not my favourite area as i prefer to go way out towards the left and fish the whip.

Swingtipper

Originally posted by Bill G

if it gets too choppy when you are on the dam look out for the undertow dragging your feeder all over the shop.
just add a lump of lead and you will be fine.

as for those by the barn they could have been a long way down to the left as you face the water from the barn side.
not my favourite area as i prefer to go way out towards the left and fish the whip.

Where do you park if fishing the damm, along the approach road to the yatch club, under the trees? The knees are not what they used to be carrying gear? must get a wheel barrow!!
Apart from maggot/caster feeder approach, do they react to expander pellets?

Bill G

Grandad
there is a car park on the end of the dam,its on the opposite side of the drive to the yacht club.
its an easy walk to the dam from there .the steps are the best area as most people fish there and most grub goes in there.
if you go lets have a report on your day.

my favourite bait for fishing the dam is double worm .fished over a fishmeal groundbait.a little tip is to put dead pinky in the feeder as they dont crawl away and bream love em.

Swingtipper

Just my luck, I'm now working nights for a while so I may not get out this week till I settle my routine again, will post when I fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.