Boston or Lincolnshire generally

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJon

Evening,

Next weekend I'm visiting family in Boston, Lincolnshire coming from Northamptonshire/Peterborough direction.

I've convinced the girlfriend to let me do a little fishing whilst there, looking for a river venue as I fish commercials and lakes near me so want to go back to my youth (a dangerous path! [:D])

1st thought was the drains in the middle of Boston itself, downsides being traffic noise and not very scenic then I started trying to remember some of the places I went when I was younger and came up short.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to fish? Roach and Perch on double maggot will be the target and reasnably quiet and scenic is a bonus as the girlfriend will be happier for longer snapping photos (her hobby!).

Hope you all have a good weekend planned. [8D]

ian10

try boston west near the rowing club orshop nea the trader near the golf club hemp maggot seems to work this time of year or ask at the tackle shop on horncastle road near the bargate hope you get lucky

daveyboy

The traders fishing well at the moment, your gf can take photos of trader mill, wildlife , you bagging on hemp, the hobhole is fishing well, bream and roach.

JustJon

Takes me back... did a night session on the hobhole in my youth and cooked sausages on a little camping over.. destroyed so the parents (driving from town) fetched us chips over and then left again promptly! Good times...

May well have an afternoon on the trader, should keep her happy and I've not fished it before!

Thanks for the input, very much appreciated!

fishphone

If u dont mind travellin a little bit the New Cut on the Steeping at Wainfleet is absolutely solid with roach, skimmers and perch. It dont matter what u put on the hook its a bite a chuck. And its quiet. PM me if you want more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.