Boss box legs alternative replacement/upgrade

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
Good morning thanks for taking the time to read.

I have just moved away from carp fishing and got my 1st seatbox it's only a cheap 10th hand 6 drawer boss box howver the legs are quite short on it and limit the ability to attach things as only 2 are short and 2 long. I moved the 2 longer ones to one side to fit a side tray. The lower down section of the legs are too close to the fibre glass body for newer universal attaxh9to be mounted as they foul against the box. I have a selection with inserts that I can mount on the taller legs and footplate legs.

Does anybody know where I could get some new legs with mud feet to fit, I tried some Preston innovation telescopic onbox legs but they are 19mm I think and just a bit of a loose fit in the guides.

Reuben

Site Supporter
You need to check what the size of the legs are - exactly. There are 19 & 20mm sizes available from a few manufacturers. You could wrap the legs you bought in a durable tape - Gaffa, Gorilla or sniper tape etc.Loads of second hand box legs & mud feet to suit available so you should be fine once you know the measurements.

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
You need to check what the size of the legs are - exactly. There are 19 & 20mm sizes available from a few manufacturers. You could wrap the legs you bought in a durable tape - Gaffa, Gorilla or sniper tape etc.Loads of second hand box legs & mud feet to suit available so you should be fine once you know the measurements.
They must be 20 as the 19 was no good.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I think Preston & Match Box do 20mm square legs which are extendable & have mud feet. There may well be others too. Have a look on flea bay, always a few on there normally.

adriang

Site Supporter
are you after longer legs or some that are 1-2mm thicker? I've a couple off a DIY sidetray, you're welcome to them if they are useful. (can go measure them up later).

mickthechippy

23/04/2008 - 25/12/2021
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
I have some genuine Boss long legs (620mm x19mm)

a set of 4 genuine clip on 100mm mud feet to suit the above

plus other extras such as Boss-Btec alloy side trays (500 x 325mm), that fit 19mm legs

complete "Pups" systems with attachments and rests to fit 19mm legs

and plenty of other attachments such a single, double pole rollers rests for pups systems

and a fair few genuine boss multi attachment arms, along with a brolly attachment arm

if your interested in doing a deal on some, feel free to PM me

Mitomaniac

Site Supporter
I have some genuine Boss long legs (620mm x19mm)

a set of 4 genuine clip on 100mm mud feet to suit the above

plus other extras such as Boss-Btec alloy side trays (500 x 325mm), that fit 19mm legs

complete "Pups" systems with attachments and rests to fit 19mm legs

and plenty of other attachments such a single, double pole rollers rests for pups systems

and a fair few genuine boss multi attachment arms, along with a brolly attachment arm

if your interested in doing a deal on some, feel free to PM me
Have dropped you a pm about these thanks