borwick (fingals pool) 02/05/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightowluk

sorry this is late, had a busy few days.

1st. Never1st!!! 63-10
2nd. Griff06 60-15
3rd. Nelson66 35-00
4th. Kenny Mesham 32-11
5th. Ray Evans 31-12
6th. Nightowluk 31-o4
7th. Looney 22-03
8th. Darren 9-13
9th. K.Tucker 8-12
10th.Tel 8-05
11th.Dave Sumner 8-03
Breamcatcher DNW
Dry Nets DNW
Bob W DNW
Chubb47 DNW
Mick Peet DNW
Stephen Peet DNW
Cyril DNW

As per usual, the fish dissapeared but the banter was good!
The day started well with darren throwing himself off the bridge with his tackle in tow! Did you really think your peg was that bad?[:D][:D]
Dave (breamcatcher) packed up earlier than ever before after losing his FIFTH method feeder[:I][:I].
The wind was awful but as usual the company was great.
I think karl took a few pics so, keep your eye out for those.
Thanks to everyone for coming and i hope we'll see you all at the next one[:T]

baz chaz

You did well to finish with those weights, It was bloody cold when I called in for a natter [;)]

nelson66

Hi Baz, it was good to see you again. Your right it was bleepin freezin.

In the end i caught my fish by loading up a method feeder, hair rigged corn and wanging it out into the middle of the lake. I got a fish a chuck for the last hour of the match.

I stayed on after the match and fished til 7pm. The fish went feeding mad between 4 and 6.30.

There was an old boy came and fished the peg near the overflow pipe - the peg with a big boulder in it.

He had 14 carp in 14 casts - biggest well over 10lb.

Shows what the lake is capable of when the fish are on the feed.

Pity it was so cold - we could have doubled our weights if the temperatures were a bit higher.

Nice to see everyone, and for those fishing the roses - i hope the weather warms up a bit for you next weekend.
I'm going to come and "coach" cleggy for the last hour :)
and will bring you that book Dave.

Lastly thanks to Nightowl for organising it - if you do another please put me down on the list - it was great fun.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
cheers dave ,its was bang-on..
apart from
1.it was bl00dy cold
2.only catchin a tiddler
3.all the fish being in the deep end
4.drawing a peg 10mile away
5.missing darren fall
6.having to rush home
7.not being able to buy a brew
only kidding[:D] it was great to get out[:T]
i was even on time[^] but still last there[:0]
till next time...smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast[:H]

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by Nightowluk

...10th.Tel 8-05....

...Dave (breamcatcher) packed up earlier than ever before after losing his FIFTH method feeder[:I][:I]....
OMG[:0]Tel beat Breamy,again[:0]What next[?]Tel has the best weight,battered the other 29 on Roses' match[?][:0][:0]

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by Nightowluk

The day started well with darren throwing himself off the bridge with his tackle in tow! Did you really think your peg was that bad?[:D][:D]...
You lot are weak[}:)]If I was there,I'll have my video/camera out in a flash[^][:D][:D]

cant win

i missed him fall off the bridge [:0]he was lucky not break anything or be seriously hurt there was some big boulders at the bottom of that drop.glad he was ok .
as for the match well dont say i pegged it wrong if i could of got the pegs any closer together i would have done[:D]i said the ends dont fish and was right.
enjoyable day even though having a laugh with tel, squeak...sorry never first[:D][:D]but well done mate,and griff also nelson.thanks to nightowl for organising .

i fancy an afternoon one on fingals think it would fish all over,draw at 2 and fish 3-8[:T]what do you guys think[?]

Nightowluk

i fancy an afternoon one on fingals think it would fish all over,draw at 2 and fish 3-8[:T]what do you guys think[?]

i think it would fish much better.
i'd be up for that karl[:T]

father

brilliant day apart from the cold wind. thanks to nightowl for organising it we (griff06, kenny mesham and me) look forward to meeting you all again at the next one.

Oggy

Sounds like most had a tough match lads. I'm on a clubby there on Sunday and was after some info. Did anyone catch close or was it all distance chucks? Which pegs produced?

Cheers,
Mick

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
the deeper water did the damage...method and wagg thrown far...
good luck..[:T]
let us know how it goes[:I]

Oggy

Sounds like we had a struggle like you guys although only 1 out of the 21 blanked but many struggled to get bites. The 4 pegs from the big pipe on the right bank (looking from the cabin) were best with 51lb winning with 9 carp on pellet wag then 3 x 30lb+ weights on method or wag.

The fish didnt stay anywhere for long and it was a case of chopping and changing to find a bite.

cant win

did any of you club men stay on [?]i have booked it for end of the month for afternoon match your welcome if you would like to come,a few pegs left.

Oggy

No none of us stayed, last day of footy season and all. Cheers for the offer I'll mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.