Boro'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
I know what you mean Trav.

The empty seats on the opening day is a f****n disgrace. Teams in lower divs got better crowds on Saturday[xx(]

At least with GARMIN sponsoring them they'll be able to navigate themselves into the bottom three[:p][:D]

Chin

i tell you what cyber ill give you ten out of ten for a funny joke...not.

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Perhaps if the 'fans' get one they'll be able to get to the ground??

I was embarrassed for them when match of the day showed all those shiny red seats.
Next week they're putting a 'spot the supporter' competition in the programme. If you get within 50 seats of where a fan was you win a season ticket. Runners up get TWO season tickets.[:D]

Simon R

Site Supporter
Yawn

Always the same old drivel from the armchair supporters brigade.

And just for your information ............ the rows of empty seats were in the away end - Blackburn only brought a 1000 or so, so didn't use the bottom tier.

Simon

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Would this be the 'armchair supporter' with a United season ticket AGAIN then Simon??

The seats WERE NOT JUST THE AWAY END. Typical myopia from the Boro 'fans'. The ground was deserted in lots of areas.

At least Sunderland got a full house[;)]

Originally posted by Simon R

Yawn

Always the same old drivel from the armchair supporters brigade.

And just for your information ............ the rows of empty seats were in the away end - Blackburn only brought a 1000 or so, so didn't use the bottom tier.

Simon

they were travelling though your fans werent lol[:p]

Simon R

Site Supporter
It's only jealousy

Just 'cos we've been the most successful club in the north-east for the last thirty-odd years.

Not bad for a small town in Yorkshire - with about a quarter of the population of Newcastle.

The delusional ones are the skunks up the road - one win and they're gonna be back in the Champions League [:0][:0]

Simon

lankylot

Delusional no. Sensible yes. I was a season ticket holder from 1968 till 2002. Got sick of watching cr*p football played by overpaid prima donna's. Don't miss it one bit and would hope all sensible people follow suit and bring the game back to reality. For what ever reason geordies and mackems have better staying power and are prepared to waste their money watching boring football and under achieving teams. Hands up all those Newcastle fans who have witnessed their team win a trophy, not many and the rest will have to ask their dads about it. The mackems have 1973 so must give them credit for that. In fairness optimism must be high on Tyneside as they will have a good season. Got rid of the chairman, got a good manager who will rid the club of the "shearer influence" which was about being a one man club and not a team. The mackems will finish about 15th. They will start well but struggle when that initial work ethic wears out as for Boro, i fear the worst, bottom 5 and can only hope to avoid relegation. Poor manager and no money not a good double act. Gudjohnson has said he will come back to the premiership but only for 100,000 quid a week. Its absolute madness. The working mans game has gone middle class. How much was it for a ticket into Sunderland this week a lot cheaper than Boro or Newcastle i bet. All you season ticket holders to whatever club ask yourself "do you get value for your money". You pay a lot of money to be constantly dissapointed. Just go and bang your head against a wall then take a fortnights fishing holiday with the money u saved. How long to Ireland now Simon?

Last edited:

norm

i was in middlesbrough on Saturday

guess what we were watching the Newcastle game on the telly in the club lol

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
Is it not symptomatic of the sport. Some clubs are now pricing their followers out of the game and the locals just can't afford to attend any more. You have to be fanatical to fork out the required dosh every weekend, the giro's just don't stretch that far any more. Why bother when you can sit in the pub with your mates and watch matches with a pint in your hand.
By the way I've never been to a footy match in my life and I certainly don't miss it in over 50 years.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Riverside Stadium capacity is 35,049, Saturdays attendence v Blackburn was 25,058, [:0] 10,000 empty seats on opening day of the new season isn't very clever or good for the team.

lankylot

I agree Dave but it's all about cost and what value u getting. Firstly u can't compare Boro to Sunderland or Newcastle. 25000 fans at Boro equates to 100,000 at Newcastle thats a fact.They have four times the population to draw on.How many games have Boro fans been to in the last couple of seasons when they have walked away feeling happy with their team? (or for that matter the other two) I don't count being good in the Championship coz it is full of **** teams. There are those die hards who would watch paint dry for the cause and fair play to em for such loyalty but most of us have other things to do with 50 every home game. You make a good point about wtaching in the pub/club i can catch virtually every Boro match live on T.V. at my local, 2.20 a pint have 6 = 13.20 atmosphere good coz packed with either ex season tick holders or lads who pick and choose which matches they go to. Its not rocket science is it. No queues to get in, no queues to get out or having your eye's out for a pie or burger. Wake up and smell the roses and just stop going until the game comes to it's senses. 6.5m for Mido. Can't stop laughing. Will the Yak be gone next week now?

mecca

Another smoggy
just about to put what lankylot wrote. We only have a quarter of newcastle and sunderlands catchment area and there are no teams anywhere north of either of those two.

I wouldnt go to the matches anymore even if i was well and i used to every week no matter what, this was when we were not at the riverside, as i think the atmosphere is rubbish in these new stadiums.

im simply not prepared to pay that much money to watch a very average team play dour football.

Now i might pay to see teams like man utd on their good days, but thats money well spent to see players of that quality.

im disguisted with the wages these days of players.

there are not many bigger fans of their club than me, it is simply a matter of money, and poor football for the last 7 years or so. Excluding the cup of course!!!

zanderhunter

one thing which is embarrasing about boro- 6.8 million quid thrown away on mido. other than wigan signing bramble and sibierski, thats possibly the worst bit of transfer buisness of the summer...

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
The catchment area thing REALLY is tired old trot!!!

You have NO other 'local' team between Whitby and Stockton so the catchment area is VERY wide. Boro has a large population then you can draw from Redcar (68000pop) Guisborough, Marske and New Marske, Stockton, Billingham all the boony towns like Brotton, Loftus, Lingdale etc.

There are those die hards who would watch paint dry for the cause and fair play to em for such loyalty but most of us have other things to do with 50 every home game. You make a good point about wtaching in the pub/club i can catch virtually every Boro match live on T.V. at my local, 2.20 a pint have 6 = 13.20 atmosphere good coz packed with either ex season tick holders or lads who pick and choose which matches they go to.

So THATS where SimonR's armchair fans are?? TV is not even close to the excitement of being there! Perhaps if more fans got off their arses to support the team they might play better? Can't be that inspiring playing in front of preformed shiny red plastic every other week.
If your local has Boro matches they must be illegal coz they are rarely on Sky[;)] I'll get them all dobbed in to the breweries so more fans get the chance to go to the game. Be doing the Boro a favour really[;)]

mangrojack

ok fair enough boro have won a trophy recently the toon havnt.

but boro being best north east team for 30 years im not sure.

ok uve been in the uefa cup but you aint had champions league football

so whats that then

newcastle = inter toto cup winners (micky mouse cup but hey we won), champion league football,uefa cup football, fa cup finals. and thats all in the last ten years.

boro = uefa cup, carling cup winners. what else do i not no about?

Status
Not open for further replies.