Born again angler 2

NathanP27

Good evening people!
I have just read a post down below about a returning angler which was the cause of me to sign up, always lurking reading threads but never a member.

Something I have always come back to is, angling, firstly piking and now course. Managed to get myself out relatively well, with 10 to 12 ft feeder rods, and 13.5m pole and a matrix box - I think if you buy once...

Haven't been out on the bank for a bit now due to other commitments, but lockdown is here, and time to target my local club waters, Chesterton angling club.

Just trying to decide on a decent suit, that I can wear through the winter and summer, I don't need it to be lined etc as I will be wearing base layers. Im unsure whether to spend on HH or buy the matrix hydro or something similar and a brolly when the weather turns fowl.

I am quite spoilt for commercials around here too, cud more, partridge, then obviously Barston etc not to far away.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Welcome mate, once an angler, always an angler.

Total

Site Supporter
Welcome To Maggotdrowning Nathan....Enjoy your return to angling...;)(y)

NathanP27

Thanks chaps. Hoping to get out in the next week. See if I can remember anything from my junior match days for the winter.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Good evening people!
I have just read a post down below about a returning angler which was the cause of me to sign up, always lurking reading threads but never a member.

Something I have always come back to is, angling, firstly piking and now course. Managed to get myself out relatively well, with 10 to 12 ft feeder rods, and 13.5m pole and a matrix box - I think if you buy once...

Haven't been out on the bank for a bit now due to other commitments, but lockdown is here, and time to target my local club waters, Chesterton angling club.

Just trying to decide on a decent suit, that I can wear through the winter and summer, I don't need it to be lined etc as I will be wearing base layers. Im unsure whether to spend on HH or buy the matrix hydro or something similar and a brolly when the weather turns fowl.

I am quite spoilt for commercials around here too, cud more, partridge, then obviously Barston etc not to far away.

Hi there and welcome. Just make sure that the fisheries you intend to target are open, some fisheries have closed so phone them before you go.

rudd

Site Supporter
Welcome back.
Suit wise - can vouch for sundridge/daiwa suits

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Welcome to the looney bin fellah... mines a pint of Smirnoff neat wiff a cherry and a potato in it???

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Welcome!!

I bought a suit recently, a Daiwa Match suit , £89 from Bobco.

it’s waterproof (tested in heavy rain) seems very windproof as well but not lined so good for layering and shouldn’t be too hot for spring/summer use

might be worth a look

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Welcome back Nathan. Having a pack of hob nobs on hand to throw at the moderators will save a ban I’ve found. ??

Foul hooked

Similar to yourself, i came across this forum when looking for information on local waters and if any of my old haunts were still fishable and decided to take the plunge. I think that there are a lot of us out there rekindling the old passion now that we have time on our hands. I have been pleased with the warm reception that my first post has received so far so look forward to participating. As for waterproof etc, i have got my old motorbiking Rukka's out (and yes i can still get in them miraculously) and they still do a job. Damart thermals for abase layer i think.
Tight lines.

NathanP27

Welcome!!

I bought a suit recently, a Daiwa Match suit , £89 from Bobco.

it’s waterproof (tested in heavy rain) seems very windproof as well but not lined so good for layering and shouldn’t be too hot for spring/summer use

might be worth a look
Ordered it myself and down from 400 quid, cannot complain!! How's the sizing on it?

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Ordered it myself and down from 400 quid, cannot complain!! How's the sizing on it?
I ordered XL, I think thats all they have available now.

I'm 5ft 10, I'n not fat but certainly not skinny. The bib and brace fits perfectly, if I was being hyper critical the jacket is probably half a size too big, but it means I can layer up if its cold. Also, the sleeves have velcro cuffs they dont flap around.

I'm quite impressed with it to be honest, and as you say at £90 its a steal.