Borley rectory forTROGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Trogg![:)]

Your reference to Borley Rectory took me back a few years,when I came out of hospital in 1978 after my thrombosis I was bored to tears recovering at home.So one of my enterprising friends decided that we would go on a car ride to the country. [:)]

Well to my surprise we ended up at Borley and even though it was broad daylight, the place was as creepy as hell, I tell you!![:0][:0] The hair on the back of my neck was standing up most of the time we were there.

To those sceptics among you, I was not actually aware of where we were until told some hours after arrival, because I was rather bemused that we had gone to a rather "boring" village in the wilds of Suffolk, which seemed to be "dead" for want of a better word.

The place had a very "threatening" atmosphere about it and I for one was glad when we finally left,upon arrival home I went to the library to find out what I could about Borley, and to be quite honest I've never had the desire to return AND THERE'S NO WAY WOULD I SPEND THE NIGHT THERE!!!

I've found a couple of sites you might like to visit Trogg these you might know about already but,if not, then enjoy them mate.

www.brittania.com/history/legend/borley.html

www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/hauntings/borley.html

www.btinteret.com/~adrian.butcher/ghost.html

for some reason can'tget the first one and the last one to load but those are the adresses that willgive you info the last one in particular has,I believe, some footage on it.

Bluey

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Trogg

have found problem they should be:-

www.brittania.com/history/legend/borley.html

http://www.btinternet.com/~adrian.butcher/ghost.htm

sorry about that
Bluey

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Hey bluey just tried your first 1 the top 1 history/legend etc on the second posting it hasn't worked. The second 1 is fine though [;)]

Tight lines [:D]

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
curse it my computer can't spell!![:D][:D]
It should be:-

www.britannia.com/history/legend/borley.html

HOORAY IT WORKS!!
I got probs with the k'board the keys sometimes don't work or they work too well!![:D][:D]

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Excellent Bluey

Cheers for them mate, i did have the middle one but not the other two so thanks a lot.

Borley was classed as THE most haunted house in britain till it "mysteriously" burnt down.

Indeed the original "ghostbuster" Harry Price did a lot of research into Borley & spent countless nights there trying to discover all its secrets.

I'll go now n have a read of the two new sites but before i do let me ask you this

when you're all alone at night, in the house or on the bank where those really just "noises" or are they something else, the next time you feel like you're being watched , you might be!!

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Status
Not open for further replies.