Boring types of fishing?

Total

Site Supporter
Sweet corn. Four pieces. Simple as. Couldn’t get a take on all the usual boilies and pellets etc so I put something on that they couldn’t miss. Four pieces of bright yellow sweet corn. It’s caught me a lot of Barbel and tends to be my ‘ get out of jail ‘ card. ?

They let you out?:oops:;)

rudd

Site Supporter
...any kind of elitist my type of fishing is so much better than yours magazine article involving tweed jackets or the latest must have technowizardly gizmos...guaranteed to make my eyes glaze over. Other than that i’ll Try and catch fish in a puddle and find all types of fishing interesting.
Sorry, my avatars better than yours ???

Total

Site Supporter
They've put a tag on my Barbel rod Mark. Part of my rehabilitation is to attend the river Trent no less than once a week until the 15th March. Its tough but, you'll be happy to know, I'm getting through it. ??

Fishing is a wonderful form of rehab' mate.....Been doing it for years! :eyepop::love::help:

Silver fan 82

I think a lot of the problem comes from media articles where its made to look like all you have to do is turn up a venue and haul out 200lb of fish.
I don't match fish, I've done a little in the past with a works club, and I've tried most different methods. To me, it's all about what expectations you have about what you are going to catch and how realistic these are. In the past I've spoiled sessions by focusing on what hasn't happened instead of finding the pleasure in what has happened.
Some have posted about finding catching bits boring yet doing this last week really turned an OK day into a brilliant one. I was sat outside at one of my favourite places, doing something I love in the sunshine and simply relishing the, albeit miniature, perfection of the various species that took my bait.
Is this for everyone? Probably not, would I want to do it every time? Again probably not, but to me it's just a case of finding the best out of whatever situation you find yourself fishing in where you can.
Catching bits can be great t fun now and then.