Boring types of fishing?

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Of course, all angling is perfectly fine and acceptable, as long as it's legal. It's up to the individual what bores them. It's a hobby after all, and we need to do whatever makes us happy, be it sitting for weeks without a bite, hoping for a particular fish to take the bait, catching a carp a cast on a commercial or chucking fluff in a tweed jacket. Just enjoy what YOU do and don't worry about what someone else is doing.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Sea fishing 100%

The one exception to this is if you have your own boat and you can call the shots in terms of where you’re going/when you’re moving/managing the drift/chumming etc etc... for sharks, on your own watch.

But chartering a boat and skipper for the day - standing on a cramped deck surrounded by people getting pissed, doing a workout jigging for mackies, then sticking them on a hook and doing another workout jigging for dogfish or similar... then chucking them in a bucket whilst they slowly suffocate under the sun destined for the skippers lobster boxes... then heading back nackered, sunburnt for a 3 hour drive home... never again.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sea fishing 100%

The one exception to this is if you have your own boat and you can call the shots in terms of where you’re going/when you’re moving/managing the drift/chumming etc etc... for sharks, on your own watch.

But chartering a boat and skipper for the day - standing on a cramped deck surrounded by people getting pissed, doing a workout jigging for mackies, then sticking them on a hook and doing another workout jigging for dogfish or similar... then chucking them in a bucket whilst they slowly suffocate under the sun destined for the skippers lobster boxes... then heading back nackered, sunburnt for a 3 hour drive home... never again.

Yeah charter boat fishing is not as good as a private fishing boat that’s for sure. When the stars align and it’s both fishing well and there’s a good bunch of people on a charter boat it’s great but when it’s not fishing well and/or you theres a bunch of wallys on the boat its not much fun being stuck out there. Sometimes it’s the only way of getting out there though so you take the rough with the smooth.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Everybody knows bream are wet dish cloths.

They are only stocked because match anglers will moan if the fish fight back / need to spend time without having an active bait in the water.

Commercial carp also seem to devolve into having a bream-like attitude, it’s because they get caught so much, 15lbs common gets hooked and just rolls into its side like “sigh, here we go again, I hope there some nice females in his keepnet” ?

Total

Site Supporter
Everybody knows bream are wet dish cloths.

They are only stocked because match anglers will moan if the fish fight back / need to spend time without having an active bait in the water.

Commercial carp also seem to devolve into having a bream-like attitude, it’s because they get caught so much, 15lbs common gets hooked and just rolls into its side like “sigh, here we go again, I hope there some nice females in his keepnet” ?

Are you still teed off about the '2 pound 1 ounce" perch photo comments?;):p:ROFLMAO:

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The type of fishing I find boring is known as blanking. I did a five hour blanking session yesterday. It’s a tricky lake but it keeps drawing me back because it’s really tranquil and I’m loving the challenge.

I’ve enjoyed every type of fishing I’ve tried to be honest. Love carp, love bream, love silvers, love perch, love crucians.......I think you get the idea. Love feeder fishing best but the pole is great as well. If I’m going to fish with a float I’ll generally use a pole as it allows you to fish with more finesse than a waggler. I don’t really see the appeal of waggler fishing though I am probably just waiting to find the perfect situation for it. I like fly fishing, especially the travelling light aspect to it. I’ve sea fished in the Med and enjoyed that though I don’t fancy fishing round the uk waters so much, too cold and choppy.

Match fishing doesn’t hold any attraction for me but that’s just down to my personality. I don’t have a competitive bone in me. I also don’t like the idea of being told which peg to fish. I totally get why thousands of people love it and do it every week though.

If someone would like to tell me where all these really boring commercials are that you catch a fish a chuck are I’d love to try them. In my experience the better you fish the more you catch. When you are not fishing well you don’t catch. Some days the fish are all in your swim and biting readily and on other days you’ve got to work at it pretty hard. I’m not that bothered for lakes that only contain 2-3lb f1s but they can be good in winter. Fishing for 10-15lb carp is brilliant imho though.

mattnewark

This one is easy......carp commercials. Like to match fish them occasionally but I just can't pleasure fish even for a few fish to get back into the groove.

Example was last week, my 10yr old son wanted to go to Portland (Notts) to catch a few on his new 8ft feeder rod. He did really well casting to a clip and fishing well, he had approx 57lb in 4 hrs. I had 2 chucks, caught 2 fish and promptly gave him the rod back with no desire to have another go.

Final straw was when I said to him, "watch this for silliness". I promptly plopped the method feeder 4 yards out in the margin and the tip went round every time within 20 secs. He loved it, but not for me thanks.

We both prefer the Trent for the mystery of what's next.

SeanB

Site Supporter
I think a lot of the problem comes from media articles where its made to look like all you have to do is turn up a venue and haul out 200lb of fish.
I don't match fish, I've done a little in the past with a works club, and I've tried most different methods. To me, it's all about what expectations you have about what you are going to catch and how realistic these are. In the past I've spoiled sessions by focusing on what hasn't happened instead of finding the pleasure in what has happened.
Some have posted about finding catching bits boring yet doing this last week really turned an OK day into a brilliant one. I was sat outside at one of my favourite places, doing something I love in the sunshine and simply relishing the, albeit miniature, perfection of the various species that took my bait.
Is this for everyone? Probably not, would I want to do it every time? Again probably not, but to me it's just a case of finding the best out of whatever situation you find yourself fishing in where you can.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The type of fishing I find boring is known as blanking. I did a five hour blanking session yesterday. It’s a tricky lake but it keeps drawing me back because it’s really tranquil and I’m loving the challenge.

I’ve enjoyed every type of fishing I’ve tried to be honest. Love carp, love bream, love silvers, love perch, love crucians.......I think you get the idea. Love feeder fishing best but the pole is great as well. If I’m going to fish with a float I’ll generally use a pole as it allows you to fish with more finesse than a waggler. I don’t really see the appeal of waggler fishing though I am probably just waiting to find the perfect situation for it. I like fly fishing, especially the travelling light aspect to it. I’ve sea fished in the Med and enjoyed that though I don’t fancy fishing round the uk waters so much, too cold and choppy.

Match fishing doesn’t hold any attraction for me but that’s just down to my personality. I don’t have a competitive bone in me. I also don’t like the idea of being told which peg to fish. I totally get why thousands of people love it and do it every week though.

If someone would like to tell me where all these really boring commercials are that you catch a fish a chuck are I’d love to try them. In my experience the better you fish the more you catch. When you are not fishing well you don’t catch. Some days the fish are all in your swim and biting readily and on other days you’ve got to work at it pretty hard. I’m not that bothered for lakes that only contain 2-3lb f1s but they can be good in winter. Fishing for 10-15lb carp is brilliant imho though.
Marky mate. You don’t blank. You simply run out of time. ?. That’s what a guy said to me on the Trent a couple of weeks ago. I liked the way he thought. ???

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
is this now just a continuation of the previous locked thread

with small silvers and bleak the new hate objects ?

believe me, when your sat in the midwinter cold and have had to break ice on the canal, those fish are a godsend
I've framed on many a match with a few bleak in winter, as you say mate, they can be a godsend ?