Boring types of fishing?

mimississ

Site Supporter
Fluff chucking,,, wots that all about,,,, I know it will upset some people but I just can't get my head around it,,, each to their own,,,

squimp

Site Supporter
I fished one of my club waters last month for the first time and some bloke came over talking to us and said he’d done 200 nights on there without a fish and his mate had done 5 years without one . I don’t care how big the carp are or how nice they look ill not be going back for the carp

I guess it depends on your motivation.

i used to happily fish for up to a week at a time - but now I realise that I fish much better and more efficiently on shorter trips. So these days I hardly ever even fish a whole night.

i also now realise that fish don’t feed all the time - so I try and work out the best times to fish for (a) particular fish and then organise my life so I can be on the bank at the right moment.....It’s great on theory, but you need information to work out the patterns and that involves going fishing -which is something of a contradiction.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Fluff chucking,,, wots that all about,,,, I know it will upset some people but I just can't get my head around it,,, each to their own,,,
Forgot what "fluff chucking" was for a moment and wondered how can you get board !! Then thought about it bit harder :roflmao:

squimp

Site Supporter

For me it is about new challenges and trying to learn a different skill.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I was just joking mate ??you finding that boring is just the same as me finding catching loads of almost tame carp from manicured ponds or sitting there for weeks waiting on a barbel boring. If we all liked the same things it wouldn’t half get busy on the banks lol

I don’t quite fish the same peg everytime though just like to find a select few that work as down the river the difference can be huge between them. Think I’ve done 9 pegs on the river this season it’s just that only 3 or 4 have been any good lol

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
What about any type of specimen fishing?
Leaving in around twentry minutes and will fish until midnight, a nice warm chilled evening ? rather than sitting looking at google box or p!ss!ng it down the drain.
Floats and poles not much good in the dark!
WHAT!!! You fish past beer o'clock!!!! NOOOOO?

Lcn

I guess it depends on your motivation.

i used to happily fish for up to a week at a time - but now I realise that I fish much better and more efficiently on shorter trips. So these days I hardly ever even fish a whole night.

i also now realise that fish don’t feed all the time - so I try and work out the best times to fish for (a) particular fish and then organise my life so I can be on the bank at the right moment.....It’s great on theory, but you need information to work out the patterns and that involves going fishing -which is something of a contradiction.
If I was an out and out carper I could maybe understand doing a campaign on a water for a particular fish but as someone who mainly does lure , barbel and chub , trout and salmon , trotting with a bit of carp and sea fishing I couldn’t think of anything I’d like to do less than just go to the same water on the same few pegs and blank after blank after blank for years . Got to admit that my patience with salmon fishing is wearing a bit thin aswell . As much as I enjoy the casting I’m just not getting any rewards other than the odd suicidal brownie for the time I’m putting in and with dwindling numbers I think this will be my last season chasing them

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Whilst I enjky an alcoholic beverage or three, I enjoy fishing more.
My fishing these days comes in 5 or 6 hour sessions, anymore and l lose interest. Perfect day would be to win a match, preferably with 60-70lb of skimmers and bream, home for the 3 sh's, out for a bite to eat and a bevvy or 8. Perfick. ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Anything that would involve sitting in a bivvy for any length of time just waiting for the very occasional bite.... I get why people do it and total respect if they can, but just not for me, I get bored far to easy. Plus not a big fan of camping of any kind
Same here, and some of them are proud they only had one bite and missed it.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My fishing these days comes in 5 or 6 hour sessions, anymore and l lose interest. Perfect day would be to win a match, preferably with 60-70lb of skimmers and bream, home for the 3 sh's, out for a bite to eat and a bevvy or 8. Perfick. ?

Yeah I’m a bit the same. My sessions fit in with 6-7 hours somewhere between 7 ish to 3 ish so no super early mornings and back in time for tea ??

Same here, and some of them are proud they only had one bite and missed it.

My issue with the bivying as much as not catching much is the hygiene, I simply cannot go more than a day without a shower couldnt go to bed or wake up all stinky and uncomfortable!

Can’t really comment on pole fishing as never done it but does look boring I have to say.

Last edited: