Boring job finished

Chervil

Site Supporter
As I'm off for two months each summer, I end up with a long list of jobs. The one I do every year, which I really dislike is painting the garden fence, what you see here plus another 15 or so panels. Anyway finished it today:D
What jobs/chores do you really not enjoy?

IMG_20190804_173529429_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted member 21081

I did 9 panels in a day a few weeks ago.

Rewarding to finish.

Dusty

As I'm off for two months each summer, I end up with a long list of jobs. The one I do every year, which I really dislike is painting the garden fence, what you see here plus another 15 or so panels. Anyway finished it today:D
What jobs/chores do you really not enjoy?

IMG_20190804_173529429_HDR.jpg

Hate gardening with a passion, fortunately our lass doesn’t mind mowing the lawn so I normally go and do the food shopping whilst she does that!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Im lucky really if i dont wanna do em they dont get done, if summat Needs doing i either Pay someone or call in a favour.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Did you treat both sides as well ?
No! It's more cosmetic, they came with a 10 year guarantee. When they start to fall apart we'll get some new ones. We did have a lot of fun when they put the concrete posts in, with me and my wife painting panels on both sides trying to keep up with the fencers.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Hate gardening with a passion, fortunately our lass doesn’t mind mowing the lawn so I normally go and do the food shopping whilst she does that!
I'm the same, I keep it neat and tidy, but can't say I enjoy it. Also we just don't use it. I can't remember the last time I just sat out there. My wife has just reminded me that the grass needs cutting and edging!

PRAC

The go getter Entrepreneur
I enjoy every aspect of my life. Any gardening, maintenance or housework is done by my respective staff teams. I can be away from a home for a few months at a time so they need to be maintained.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I enjoy every aspect of my life. Any gardening, maintenance or housework is done by my respective staff teams. I can be away from a home for a few months at a time so they need to be maintained.

What does?..the gardening, the maintenance....or the staff? :ROFLMAO:

davylad

Site Supporter
Try spraying it on next time, it's a lot easier and much quicker. I go over it with a brush afterwards, jobs a good un.

rudd

Site Supporter
How long did the one behind the bird bath take and why is it painted to look like a bush?

Chervil

Site Supporter
Try spraying it on next time, it's a lot easier and much quicker. I go over it with a brush afterwards, jobs a good un.
I did try the sprayer a few years ago, I found it went everywhere and I seemed to actually take more time than just using a brush.

Chervil

Site Supporter
How long did the one behind the bird bath take and why is it painted to look like a bush?
I get behind all the shrubs as best I can, which is also why I seem to get bitten to buggery.

davylad

Site Supporter
Yeah they were rubbish a few years back, but the modern sprayers are fine Chervil. I used to paint it on, until I saw a bloke doing his, I went straight out and bought one. Cheap too.

wildcat16

Site Supporter
ive 28 panels ,3 sheds and some decking to do in the back garden, ive got a sprayer but still takes bloody ages :(