Border Fisheries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM Angler

Regular member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
526
Anyone fished/ had a walk round Border over the past few days?
Just wondering if the carp had finished spawning as I'm thinking about going down there this weekend to have a dabble for the carp in the margins. I was gonna fish Staceys Pool. If anyone has any info it'd much appreciated.
Cheers

James
 

CLOMP

Regular member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
217
Originally posted by BM Angler

Anyone fished/ had a walk round Border over the past few days?
Just wondering if the carp had finished spawning as I'm thinking about going down there this weekend to have a dabble for the carp in the margins. I was gonna fish Staceys Pool. If anyone has any info it'd much appreciated.
Cheers

James
some were still spawning on wednesday, most pegs were in use, not a good day, HOT, a few carp came out pegs 13/14 a couple of 8lb, I had two 5lb from peg 17, the odd carp came out at most pegs, the water temp seemed to have droped after all that rain, what surprised me was the roach and skimmers were fairly quiet, I will be there for a few hours Fri and Sunday morning, paste had been working very well but was hard work on wednesday, last week on peg 23 I had 8 good carp all caught on worm close in,
 

BM Angler

Regular member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
526
Cheers Anthony. Was this on Staceys pool? I would think the fishing would be pretty decent this weekend with the warm weather etc
 

CLOMP

Regular member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
217
Originally posted by BM Angler

Cheers Anthony. Was this on Staceys pool? I would think the fishing would be pretty decent this weekend with the warm weather etc
sorry for the late reply,,yes mate on Staceys, Friday was not a good day for anyone, a few carp came out all around the pool but no one bagged up on them, lots of small/silvers showing, first cast on peg 26 I hooked a big carp, 6lb line size 14 animal, on a centrepin, and it still straightened my hook out. I fed choppie a bit of hemp and micros, caught roach to 10ozs skimmers by the dozen, perch two carp, again on worm, paste just got attacked by silvers hard pellet did not produce, worm saved the day.
 

BM Angler

Regular member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
526
Yeah I fished Staceys for a few hours last night, fished in the margins, only ended up catching 4 carp ranging from 4 to 8lb. Was pretty disappointed really as I had quite a lot of fish under my feet at times (some over 10lb) but they eluded my hook bait!
Do you fish it regular mate? They tell me quite often that 20lb+ come out of Staceys but I am yet to see one, there are even a couple of 30's in there also ... biggest i've seen is 18lb.
 

Danny Griffiths

Regular member
Joined
Sep 11, 2003
Messages
413
there was a 28 / 29 in there tho not heard of it for a while, dunno if its still about. Also a couple of commons that go 20 - 22 and a one eyed ghostie thats about 15. Plenty of other doubles 10 - 18 as well.
 

CLOMP

Regular member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
217
Originally posted by BM Angler

Yeah I fished Staceys for a few hours last night, fished in the margins, only ended up catching 4 carp ranging from 4 to 8lb. Was pretty disappointed really as I had quite a lot of fish under my feet at times (some over 10lb) but they eluded my hook bait!
Do you fish it regular mate? They tell me quite often that 20lb+ come out of Staceys but I am yet to see one, there are even a couple of 30's in there also ... biggest i've seen is 18lb.

I fish it at least 12 hours a week, I belive there are some very big carp in there, I have caught a dozen or so doubles, one day I had caught several fish to 8lb, then I had a screamer 8lb line on a centrepin dont know why it broke me but it did, Yesterday had a couple of carp up in the water,then hooked a very big fish but lost it, when I can handle fish to 14lb no problem, then hook a fish I could not stop it, turn it nothing, ITS A BIG FISH.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top