Hi Guys
Just woundering what you think the best angling book you,ve
Read and why.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
over the years I have read/bought many angling books on every conceivable subject.Without a doubt, the 2 best in my opinion are Walkers Pitch written by Dick Walker and Float Fishing by the great Billy Lane.
Although much has changed over the past 20 years,particularly materials and technology in the manufacture of fishing tackle, everything seems to be so complicated.Yes I own a pole,a state of the art seat box,hundreds of ready tied pole rigs etc.I never travel anywhere without a mountain of kit which I can barely carry(even with a trolley) yet I usually bring most of it home without being used - I take it just in case.
Both of the above books are great because they make everything seem so simple & obvious.In Walkers book small streams are full of Roach/Dace.Big Perch reside in all the slacks,Carp are caught on bread & worms and low river levels & pollution seem to be unknown. Real Mr Crabtree stuff, which as a kid I would read and re-read.Billy Lanes book made me think that just by copying the rig diagrams I too could be World Champion.
Great stuff.
Cheers.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.