Bonsai lindholme

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Fishing this lake on Sunday in a club match.
Anyone shed any light on baits and methods that are working at the min
Thanks 👍🏼🎣

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Not sure on venue expert TBH.

Pellet or maggot would be my choice atm with a negative attitude.
I would fish pellet on long pole on the deck, ( 4mm feed 6mm on hook ) pot in a few and see what happens if you start getting liners I would try shallow ( the weather is changing and fishing may not be as good ).
I would try maggot/pellet at 5m ( or close to reeds ) in full depth.
A deep edge 2 1/2 may work later in day but the cold spell may have put them off.
A method to a feature may produce a couple of early fish but I would not expect to catch all day on it.
I have not had much this year on bomb and pellet but you can try it later in the day over the long pole line.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Not sure on venue expert TBH.

Pellet or maggot would be my choice atm with a negative attitude.
I would fish pellet on long pole on the deck, ( 4mm feed 6mm on hook ) pot in a few and see what happens if you start getting liners I would try shallow ( the weather is changing and fishing may not be as good ).
I would try maggot/pellet at 5m ( or close to reeds ) in full depth.
A deep edge 2 1/2 may work later in day but the cold spell may have put them off.
A method to a feature may produce a couple of early fish but I would not expect to catch all day on it.
I have not had much this year on bomb and pellet but you can try it later in the day over the long pole line.

Thanks mate. I’ll give it a bash.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I’d be interested how it went. Planning a mid week visit to lindholine

It fished really hard. I think with the lake being shallow and all the cold rain has knocked the fish off a bit.
My section was won with 40lb. I was second with 21lb.
The other section was won with 45lb and 27lb was second.
At least it didn’t rain.