Bomb rod

topfeeder

Hi looking for a 9ft or 10ft bomb rod mid range price any recommendations? Looking at matrix but a little to steep at £200 plus.

richox12

Depends what it's for. A link leger for roach is totally different to a bomb for carp. What do you need ?

baggy

Mark Saunders
I bought a 9ft Cresta recently, I’ve not had it out on the bank yet but it’s a cracking little rod, I got mine from Ben Field on here but I did see that Benwicks have them on sale at the moment

david white

Site Supporter
Have a look at Cadence.
Got to agree with the above the Cadence wand punches well above it’s price tag, there’s a video on Cadence tv with Paul Kozyra ( Kojak on here ) fishing with one well worth a watch
failing that ( might be a light if carp the out and out target ) Cadence do a 9 or 10 foot feeder rod but I’ve no personal experience on either

Last edited:

davepellet

not so long ago I was considering buying a 9ft commercial style feeder rod, but as it's not something I would use often, didn't want to spend a lot of cash

toyed with the idea of an Acolyte Plus and the Vertex, but couldn't justify the cost

then I spotted on ebay Kamasan Animal Carp Feeder rods in 9ft & 10ft, price was right & they look classy rods... only thing that bothered me was they come with 2oz & 3oz tips, but the standard Drennan tips (not Acolyte) are compatible (which didn't entirely surprise me if I'm honest!)

In the end I didn't buy it, as 2020 came along & scuppered all my plans... but still might be in for one before the summer comes... just in case I ever decide to fish a commercial again!