Bomb fishing

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm looking to stock up on a few bombs for fishing this winter. I don't really want inline ones as it's likely I'll be clipping them to a running snap swivel bead as I change between bomb and cage feeder.

These are the ones I'm looking at, Dinsmores.

Is it better to go on the light side, say 10g, or the heavier option, 18g? Most of it is for open water fishing so doesn't have to hold on an island slope but still wondering what weight to use?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Next time I go I might start on Bread. Never tried that before. I like fishing Maggot because it catches a variety of fish like Big Perch but felt like I was feeding too much when not catching regularly yesterday. Something to try for fun. (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I'm looking to stock up on a few bombs for fishing this winter. I don't really want inline ones as it's likely I'll be clipping them to a running snap swivel bead as I change between bomb and cage feeder.

These are the ones I'm looking at, Dinsmores.

Is it better to go on the light side, say 10g, or the heavier option, 18g? Most of it is for open water fishing so doesn't have to hold on an island slope but still wondering what weight to use?
What ? What ? Not Guru ? Steve’s just phoned. He said ... “ Tell Zerkalo that my wages have been dependant on that boy buying Guru this year. Without him I’d have been furloughed “. Buy these he says. ??

Attachments

• 40DB38C5-787A-4752-AF9C-ECBCBE9D7DE4.jpeg
    40DB38C5-787A-4752-AF9C-ECBCBE9D7DE4.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 2

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I use Guru feeders, the Distance Cage Feeders even though I don't chuck much of a distance.

turnpike

I tried bomb first time on the weekend with bread but also a few 2mm wet pellets on the guru impact bombs. Worked really well. Almost just a micro method/hybrid other than the bait not being on top.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Arrived today. 10g is dinky! I should have known. :LOL: Be ok for a short chuck though.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
If you can, find some flat round ones, i think they may have been dinsmores. Don't sink into any silt as much and a bit more less conspicuous in clearer water.