Bomb and pellet

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
I know this has been done over and over but just watched winning ways and seen Jamie talking about the silicone on the hair and kicking it off the bottom of the hair, anyone else use this?

Also what length hairs do you guys use?

templegater

Site Supporter
One of the main things i learned in my carp days was if the carp sucks your bait into its mouth you need to hook it.
The best way is to use a kicker or shrink tube to create a bend where the line leaves the eye.
You see carp lads pulling rigs across the back of their hand and the hook must prick and hold every time. Due to smaller hooks in MF i make rigs at home with shrink tube using a 9 inch rig as standard for general bomb fishing.
The silicon on the shank of the hook means you can adjust where the hair leaves the hook and ensure its not twisted.
I find the length of hair varies with venue/rig/fish size but general rule is sze of bait so 8mm pellet = 8mm hair length.

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Thanks anyone else use silicon In this way? I suppose it’s almost going down the nash twister fang hook route

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
use of shrink tube is something I have been considering but have never done. I always test my hook lengths across my hand but it is true that not 100% grab as I would like them too. I like the idea of controlling the length and stand off angle with shrink tube so am defo going to give it a go

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
One of the other methods of setting a hair on a knotless knot rig is known as KD style... this involves setting the hair to exit from the shank at an aggressive angle.... it involves starting ones rig as normal by whipping 3 or 4 turns down the hair and shank then pulling the hair out at 90 degrees and carrying on whipping below the hair, then back up the shank taking care not to trap the hair and back through the eye as normal.... have a google of The KD rig on youtube... the hook is set at a very aggressive angle and usually hooks up in the bottom lip