Bomb and meat.?

Zerkalo

Is groundbait allowed? That's what I'd do. Groundbait with meat particles through cheese grater. Unless it's a river.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Small pva bag for me.

Zerkalo why not the river as well?
It's one of our go to's for Severn Chub and Barbel

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
You could also PVA bag it. If you put the bomb, bait and loose feed in the same bag, you'll have a nice little package.

EDIT
@Lee Richards beat me to it.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@Zerkalo

If you use goundbait, it's mixed with water and will melt the PVA before you cast it.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
All options for different situations mate,just saying that grated meat in groundbait is a good option for river fish.
The cheaper and fattier the better as it's the oils you want

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I prefer to use smaller cubes of meat with some micro's, or just the meat on it's own in a PVA bag when using meat/bomb rigs

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
Yes thought it was pretty obvious using feeder to put small particles of meat in with groundbait, just been looking at a similar thread from 2012 the poster says he fed 6/8 ml pellets by catty at 30/35mtr no meat fed.!!

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
While on the subject of meat how many of you guys (like me) only use cylinder shaped pieces for hookbait, ive been doing this since 70s, always found them more of a natural shape to square bits.

Zerkalo

I use square. How do you chop cylinders?

Question for Chub Barbel anglers on the Severn, would you ball it in for them then?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Personally I don't ball it in on the Severn even when on a Bream peg.
Des Taylor wrote a few articles about doing it and having a lot of success for Barbel.
He went very big and was talking 20 or 30 orange sized balls

Zerkalo

I'm going to be putting my groundbait catapult to use for the first time in years tomorrow Bream fishing on a lake.

This kind of high oil content groundbait definitely makes sense for barbel on a river!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
“I use square. How do you chop cylinders?”

For hookbaits I punch the meat into pellets.

BoldBear

Whenever I am fishing flowing water without a feeder at range and I’m not sure where my loose feed is going to be settling on the bottom I often use PVA stocking filled with small pellets attached to my bomb or hook (not PVA bags which can trap air).

Keith