Bomb and bread.

Line Clip

I find that fishing the bomb and bread for carp, works well when the colour has dropped out of the lake,
would it be worth trying, on the lake if its the colour of chocolate, as it is at the moment
I have a match this weekend, and bites will be few and far between, so I don't want to be on the bread if its a waist of time, when I could be
on pellets or sweetcorn,or using another method etc.
Before you tell me to fish for silvers, the Lake is dominated by carp so they must be the target species as a net of silvers wont get you in the frame. (thanks all)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
colour = smell for me so corn, bandem or some other smelly target bait, maybe maggot depending on other species

Total

Site Supporter
I don't necessarily go along with the idea that bread is only restricted to clearer water when legered by any method as I use it all year.

Go with what's been winning on your lake but give yourself a few bait options and definitely take a few maggots with you, carp love 'em... .Good luck. (y)

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
And if you're fishing popped up bread, sit on your hands, don't be reeling it in every 15 minutes.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thanks all good info ,
Hope the weathers better than today for match.
When fishing popped up you tend to get a lot of drop backs so get ready for those also. But, like what’s been said ... be patient and don’t always throw in the same spot. Find the fish. Think of it like dobbing. Good luck. ?

Total

Site Supporter
When fishing popped up you tend to get a lot of drop backs so get ready for those also. But, like what’s been said ... be patient and don’t always throw in the same spot. Find the fish. Think of it like dobbing. Good luck. ?

I get plenty of drop backs when I've chucked it in the trees!......The wind moving the branches backwards and forwards!:geek: :love::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I find with bomb and bread putting a bit of goo on can have an impact if plain bread struggling, effectively bread but some flavour/attractant.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I get plenty of drop backs when I've chucked it in the trees!......The wind moving the branches backwards and forwards!:geek: :love::LOL::ROFLMAO:
I had to look to see who’s post that was then. Expecting to see ‘ Sly ‘. ??. Nah, I bet you are one of those anglers that says .... “ you see that 1/8th inch gap between those rushes on my 70m line ? Well, I want to be a 1/32nd closer to the right than the left “. ???

Total

Site Supporter
I had to look to see who’s post that was then. Expecting to see ‘ Sly ‘. ??. Nah, I bet you are one of those anglers that says .... “ you see that 1/8th inch gap between those rushes on my 70m line ? Well, I want to be a 1/32nd closer to the right than the left “. ???

You've seen me fish mate?:unsure:;):ROFLMAO:......I've the same frightening accuracy with a knife from similar distances when splitting a piece of ginger cake!;).....Been taking lessons from our Nicky! (y):D:ROFLMAO: