Bolton

rudd

Site Supporter
Just cancelled tonights game due to player welfare!
Been playing their juniors - hence 5 0 loss to Tranmere at weekend.
If they do go completely under what happens to points etc team have got off them!
Town play them Saturday - or may be not! ?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Not sure about the point but on Sky last night it said it wasn’t fair mentally or physically on the young lads. Could have effects for the rest of there careers

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
For whatever reasons that cause it I really do dislike seeing any football club at whatever level go into decline like this.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
I believe if they fold all teams will either be awarded a 3 - 0 victory or points gained against them will be voided. Only 2 teams would be relegated at the end of the season.

YB

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
It's a real problem though isn't it as they need to keep playing to generate money to keep the club afloat but there is also a disparity for the sides they are playing against.
One week they play a decent side against another and the next a chronically weaker side.
Every result has a consequence for all the teams.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Yeah. Think they should be suspended for this season, relegated. Start again a league lower with a new team if all the current players leave.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Problem with that is no money coming in and still money going out.
Creditors are not being paid now and things like staff wages,security,stewarding,policing etc need to be paid for for every home game

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
If they have no games then expenses are reduced. If wages aren't being paid then players can seek contracts with other clubs. It is then down to the owner what happens to the club.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Problem is even severance money for all those now not working at the club is a major issue and liquidation would be the only option
I was slightly wrong before as they had paid some of their creditors in January but the payments have fallen behind again .
This is staggering
Also it sounds easy to say "find another club" but most clubs will have their rotas filled and if someone comes in then someone usually goes out - either way someone stands a chance of losing their livelihood.

Really is a mess for such an historic club and doesn't look good.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
The situation for Bolton and Bury is a crying shame, especially for their fans. However, the time has come for both to be kicked out of the league. Being unable to fulfill your fixtures, whatever the excuse, should be an automatic trigger. I know it's harsh, but it's totally unfair on all the other teams in the league, many of which aren't exactly flush with money themselves.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Looks like we are F@@@@D, liquidation looming FAT Ken has instructed his So.icitors to not sign the papers , FV pulled out , sticking point is the Stupid hotel, who would of thought a football club would go into liquidation over a Hotel and not the club .wtf

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Can’t believe that all the money the premier league clubs get, they cannot help out those in desperate need like Bolton and Bury. Football is supposed to be a family. My wife and me help our 3 grown up daughters on lots of occasions. What’s the difference with football

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
I suppose it’s down to miss management of Finances and when times are hard the Mega rich look at it like you should of looked after the cash better , but Simon you are right , I think the EFL have blood on there hands , with the fit and proper test , how can du diligence be accomplished in 48 hours in Burns case , it’s ridiculous .

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Just been up to the ground , very hostile atmosphere outside , fingers crossed Ken comes to reason , Bassini is back again with more cash from another slime ball David Sullivan , who is desperate to grab the Hotel , it’s a murkier picture by the day .

davylad

Site Supporter
Bailing them out would be fine, but what happens when they're skint again.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Trouble is if you bail out one club (or is this case two) where does it all end?
There will be plenty of other clubs that are close to the brink and they will be soon asking "where's our support?"
Although it is acknowledged how important football clubs are to the community it's been a very long time since they have been anything other than a business.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
I agree , the bigger issue is the lack of leadership from the EFL and the eronious Fit and proper test , I believe the EFL should be answerable to the commons on are the fit and proper , no one who has been banned from running a company should pass the test to run a club in the case of Monaco Ken and his chavvy Mafia .

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
You have to blame Sky TV and the formation of the Premier League, all the money goes to the teams that don't need it, when a club like the one I support can outlay £70m + on a player, while another club goes to the wall is beyond me. Time we went to a style of ownership like they have in Germany, put th eclubs in the hands of the fans and stop them being totaly being bought out.