boilies on the pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmbob

hi all,
im fishing a commercial on friday and ive heard of some people fishing boilies on the pole. has anyone ever tried this with decent results and if so how should i try it i.e rigs, type of boilie and size etc.
cheers in advance,
jimbob

getfishing

Pete
strong rigs is what i say but it all depends on the size of boilie, boilies where made to stop crayfish eating them and generally you catch larger than average fish with them.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Start out on easier baits such as corn and pellet until you get confidence. On the pole that is. Its not an easy method to master by any means.

Serious Sam

Seriously Serious
It's just a bait like any other, no difference in fishing a boilie or a large pellet, as long as you tackle is up to landing a big fish then go for it.

Sharky001

I have had mixed results. It depends what you want to target One or two big carp 10-12lb + or more small to medium carp 2-8lb + or anything you can (if its a mixed silver carp lake). I have tried boilies on a few occasions where I was catching all sorts on a 4mm pellet even a 9lb carp early in the session. So switched to a boilie and things slowed down considerably with one 8lber in 2 hours. I knew there was a lot of fish in my swim due to the amount of line knocks. Went back to the 4mm pellet and bang straight away a 4lb carp followed by some cheeky Ide. I personally would rather catch more smaller samples and hope one of the monsters comes past and fancies a light lunch. Than sit and only target the big boys. It also depends on the lake and whats it full of. I have found when I want to target bigger fish going up in pellet size has worked for me but you will be surprised what will try on a 8-10mm pellet. When having a good session I often switch baits to see what else works or to slow things down for a coffee break. I used a hair riged Quick Stop through the boilie, stright through 6lb line, 1g float and 14 hook.

Hatchye

Regularly use hair rigged 10mm boilie when fishing shallow on the pole. Rig line is dependant upon fish size being targetted, but I generally use a 0.2gm float with backshot for times when I'm using lighter baits.

Sometimes use a bait band instead of hair rig.

MOGZ

try mini boilies on a hair rig on the pole over pellets, not disimilar to a method. Stops u being pestered by bits

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
i've been using a 10mm bollie , drill through it and you should be able to push a hook through .....i've had several carp on this method[:T][:T][:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.