Body found in river is missing boy

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
So sad to hear and read about....

A body found in a river is that of missing Lucas Dobson, police have confirmed.
The six-year-old slipped into the River Stour in Sandwich, Kent, at about 13:30 BST on Saturday while out fishing with his family.
A body found earlier has been formally identified as Lucas, and his family have been informed, Kent Police said.
Hundreds of volunteers joined emergency crews in the search for the boy over the past five days.
Lucas' body was discovered at about 09:15 on Wednesday in the river close to a jetty where he fell in.

RIP Lucas and condolences to his family

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
poor little fella, a huge sadness descended on me when i first heard the news

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's heartbreakingly sad. When I heard it was the Stour I thought it was near me. Take care by the river people.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
:cry:
Absolutely heartbreaking, can't begin to imagine what the family are going through.
RIP young fella.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's heartbreakingly sad. When I heard it was the Stour I thought it was near me. Take care by the river people.

Its my local chalk stream, down on the tidal section below Plucks Gutter

a river that is dear to my heart, yet has showed its savage cruel side

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Poor kid.

Children are very vulnerable but, lets not forget, being by the side of any water can be dangerous for all of us. Take care guys.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I felt a really heavy sadness inside when i saw the news, i felt tears start to well and my heart went out to the poor lads parents,

Even though i know to some extent how they must be feeling as a family i cannot even begin to guess how the lads poor dad must be feeling or what he must have running through his mind... it will probably be full of "what ifs" or "if only i'd"

R.I.P little man, i wish you an eternity in paradise and may your family one day find peace.

Total

Site Supporter
Extremely sad news. :(....Much love to all your family.

RIP little fella.