Bodied Wagglers

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Mrs was getting her own back.....She swapped the adhesive out for Araldite Rapid epoxy!:blahblah::deal::scream::help:

Holidaying in Spain. Out of shower picks the nearest thing up that looked like deodorant, gave they old armpits a spray, gets to restaurant and my pits are stuck together good and proper. I’d only gone and sprayed our gerts hairspray under my armpits. 🙄🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Holidaying in Spain. Out of shower picks the nearest thing up that looked like deodorant, gave they old armpits a spray, gets to restaurant and my pits are stuck together good and proper. I’d only gone and sprayed our gerts hairspray under my armpits. 🙄🤣🤣
And deodorant spray on your barnet?:unsure:.....Was ya doing an 'Archie'?:afro::ROFLMAO:......That last bit sounds soooooo wrong, sorry Arch....:oops:

rudd

Site Supporter
I mentioned in another thread how satisfying it is to use a bodied waggler. Does anyone feel the same way? It is difficult to put into words why it is satisfying but I think it is because of the additional weight they take, makes casting a doddle, and I like the clunky feeling of striking through them.

I don't have many of them, just a few left over from when I used to fish in the late 90s. And this is the float I used for Tench, casting as far as I can catapult Corn accurately, so not too far out, wouldn't like to put a figure on it.

TenchWaggler.jpg TenchWaggler2.jpg

There's nothing special about this float per se, but having had it for so many years, it was nice to put it to use again, and even more satisfying to catch some decent fish on it. I'm probably going to buy some more bodied wagglers for next year and am looking at Drake floats.

How often do you fish with bodied wagglers? 90% of my waggler fishing is with straight wagglers I'd guess.
Use them alot, best used as sliders if 4aaa or above.
Drenhan Drift Beater's take some beating 😂

derwentboy

Site Supporter
Drennan Driftbeaters! Have a massive one of them in my box…not used it for years

Whitty

Most of my sliders are straight unloaded peacock wagglers with the old Drennan float adaptors,the ones wit the old swivel eyes,the new Berkley type ones Drennan do instead are no good,the swivel eye is too big,I rarely fish bodied wagglers these days,good job really as I carry hundreds...

jimmcd

I love my bodied wagglers for shallow water. But there are so many types of loaded & unloaded. I’ve stacks from 2BB up to around 4SSG but I keep going back to my 3AAA in most cases, normally margin fishing for tench. If conditions are not right for a stillwater blue, I step up to either an unloaded Middy bodied waggler or a loaded Ultra onion (the modern style). Heavy baits dictate the size for me. Billy Lane & Ivan Marks go into a lot of detail surrounding bodied floats, these anglers had their own well put arguments for each type (I’m not that cynical to suggest commercial interests 😁 ). Always worth reading and making your own mind up