boddingtons

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenman

anyone got any idea how boddingtons is fishing going down there next week and wanted to know whats doing the damage ie pellet wagg method etc

mudhead

Fished there last sunday and again tommorow. Didnt fish too well last sunday. There were 3 matches and no big weights from what i was told. I came 2nd in our match with 24lb on the method. On different pegs tommorow so will let you know.

Cheers.

jay p

i fished on the 11th of this month
micro pellet on method with 6mm banded pellet on hook for 175 lb in peg 60s
a few fished straight lead with pellet and fed pellet over top and all caught

good luck hope this helps
jay p

PorkRocker

I'm going on monday - method feeder with pellets and 8mm on hook! I'm going to take some dynamite baits halibut groundbait too - that black stuff!

jonny_b1989

Tonys legacy
Depends what pegs you are on. Higher the number the better. If you are on low numbers you will struggle.

Pole. Fish 5-8m on the pole with paste. feed 6mm or 8mm on this line and just lash it in. Or big pot after every fish. you will need 5kg of bait for this line. When they come they come and its one a bung. 20 + elastic and 0.21 line. Big fish on the pole line. Every fish I had on this line was 14lb plus.

Method at distance. 50yards or so or as far as you can chuck and feed. Pellet and groundbait. With 8mm pellet or boilie on the hook. Feed 2/3 11mm pellet over the top constantly.

20-30 yards feed a pellet waggler and bomb line with 8mm pellet.

Key thing is dont be afraid to feed, feed agressively. On the pole line you will get stupid bites off roach. But when the carp move in its just takes your elastic straight out. Good fishing to be honest.

greenman

what kind of depths you got johnny been told water levls are really low at present

jonny_b1989

Tonys legacy
Yes water levels are really down. You are looking at 3/ 4ft on them pegs infront of you.

greenman

johnny what paste did you use mate a stiff mix or really soft sorry for all the questions just wanna get it right

mudhead

Well fishing was alright yesterday. Not as good as ive seen it but there were 3 weights in our match of ten over 100lb. I took the honours with 136lb from peg 86 (I think).

I stayed on the method pretty much all match. This was using micro pellet with pepperami/8mm halibut/white boilie on the hook. I fed the pellet waggler line for the first 2 hours but with only one fish to show for half an hours fishing I knocked it on the head.

As johnny b said, feed the pole line heavily. The guy next to me done this with pellet and fish banded pellet over the top. He was getting a big fish one a chuck but failing to land them.

The level of the reservoir is up from when I last fished it. We were fishing in 6-8 foot.

colin h

Fished a festival with my club (Goss) last week . We had a great time .

Fished 4 matches , I averaged 150lb per match and came absolutely nowhere .

The best individual weight was 429lb ...

Best methods, pellet waggler , long pole , and straight lead . Feeding mainly 8mm pellets .

Give `em plenty and good luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.