Boddington Res.

Status
Not open for further replies.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I finally had a good day there!![:D]

After a couple of years trying to get past 45 lb, I finally managed it![:p]

And also a new PB match weight of 151 lb 5 oz!!! thumbsup.gif

It started well on the pellet waggler set at about 2ft deep.
8 1/2 lb main line and 8 lb hooklength ( a bit of an odd way to do it, but you have to be careful of the rocks close in, and I d rather loose the hook than the whole rig) and size 12 Fox match extra strong hook.

1st cast and straight into a fish in less than 10 seconds!

From then on I never looked back and carried on with the same tactic all day, only changing the depth slightly every now and then.

I set up a method and pole, but never even picked them up.

Mind you I did go through over a kilo of feed pellet[:0][:0]

Its bloody hard work this pellet wag business, my arms and back are killing me lol[;)]

My biggest fish was 8 lb 11 oz, and the rest were between 4 and 5 lb.
In total, I counted 37 fish, not bad for me, as I never really seem to do very well at those type of waters.

Oh, and I won the match too[:D][:p]

Cheers,

Steve.

carbonite

Got a match there next week ,what size pellet did you use?did you hair rig or band the pellet?

thanks any info on the place would be great as i live a long way from boddingtons

cheers

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Well done mate!

1Kilo just shows you can use the Pellet Waggler without loads of pellets. SOme may think thats alot but i know guys on here have used many a more kilo than that!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Cheers guys,

Right, we were pegged from 50-70.
I was on 63, th guys either side of me had loads of runs on the method very close in, practically on a pole line!

I was using 8mm feed pellets, about a dozen every minute or so, or when bites dried up, and 6mm soft hookers direct onto the hook.

The back up weights were surprisingly low actually.

I know 2nd had 97 lb from 55 I think, on pole close in.

Then after that it averaged around the 40-50 lb mark. All methods seemed to catch.

Adymon,

Last time I fished it in a practice on the dam wall, and went through 3 bags of feed pellets, caught well, but I purposely kept the feed to a minimum, due to the fact alot of people round me were foul hooking alot of fish.

Carbonite,
Make sure you use a good strong abrasion resistant line mate, the rocks close in are like razors!

I was using Daiwa Sensor (brown) 8 1/2 lb, and though it was new on the reel sunday morning, its knackered now, and needs replacing!

The fish in there go like stink, and you re kit is put under alot of pressure throughout the day.

strat2

nice i think i no someone who was going to do a match down boddington but i dont no if he did or not :D he sed theres some cracking tench there

carbonite

cheers for the info badgepicker we're on roughly the same pegs 40 -60 fishing week Friday in the afternoon so hope to have a good time, will take some extra line as fishing Drayton and clattercote over the weekend as well and don't want to lose many lumps if i can help it!! surprised to hear you used soft pellet any particular reason thought you might have got bitted out on soft though!!?

cheers del

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Carbonite,

Ive always used soft pellet. No particular reason. Apart from the fact its easier and quicker for me to re bait my hook. I cant get on with hair rigs, they re too fiddly for me lol.

Sometimes you do get a few roach having a go, but I didnt hook any sunday.

Barry, cheers mate.
Just hope my run continues till CJs on the 30th!!

smartmart16

well done!good days fishing that.
how far where you casting the pellet wag mate,and were they hooking themselves or did you have to strike at all at them?

spireitejohn

I went last week on peg 78 and i had 180 lb on cat meat about 5m out, i also lost 9 more fish.
My mate fished peg 79 on the method 40 yds out and was battering them until he ran out of groundbait.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Nice one Spireite!

Smartmart:
I was chucking about 30-40 yards, and had to strike at most due to the wind blowing into our faces and making your line slacken off almost instantly, even though I kept winding in slightly every few seconds, it made your float move quite quickly.

That resulted in a few missed bites, but some of them hit it before my float had even popped up from the cast!

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I managed to get the bait out, I was using hard 8mm pellets, its surprising how far you can fling em sometimes! lol, it was only a gentle breeze, but just enough to keep your float moving toward you. And the fish were just there alot of the time too, but I didnt have to wait as long if i fed a few bits first.

Carp-Freeek

' Shorty '
Pellet wagglers going be the thing this year, 125lb won the match at border today... on the pellet waggler.

mrsec

what sort of 8mm feeder pellet where you useing, our club is there on saturday 21st july might give this pellet waggler a go [8D] sounds good.
plus any more info on set up and how to use would be good to me CHEERS might try it on our pond and get 100lb+ out.

www.cotgraveac.co.uk

Last edited:

WicksMatt

i had a match there last sunday and we had pegs 81 - 91

I found at boddington using a bomb instead of a feeder was better. had 4 fish for 24 lb :( didnt go as well as i expected. Top Quality carp thoe! The club to the right of us were bagging carp most of the day.

I hope me club book it for sometime in the summer cause ive heard all about these legendary way ins to 100-200lb!

pegs tend to be better down towards the dam.

cought a rod thoe :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.