Boddington Res.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimbob

tackleshop1
Fancy making one at Boddington Reservoir I was asked,"Why not?"says I.Ten people or more is what it needs to ensure a match at this prolific venue and that's how many of my fishing club turned up Friday 18th.May.
From the car park(the new one)which holds 40 cars now,up the precarius hill turn right and head for the first peg,which just happened to be peg 74,cor blimey or words to that effect came dithering out of my mouth but I just carried on pushing my wheelbarrow to peg 77 and having reached the peg I sat down to get my breath back and slowly got my tackle organised .The main attack today would be corn pellet and cat meat and to try out my new margin pole .
When the whistle blew I balled in 10 of the best cat meat and pellet sandwiches (balls)I could muster and chucked them in at three and a half mtrs.top three I hear you say but that's where the fish are.
Fishing next to me was my pal Mitch who banged out a plump 4 pounder on his first cast,and so did the guy to my left in fact before I reaslised I was seriously being left behind in the race to catch fish.Changing to cat meat on the hook changed my luck as well,. into fish.
Having just came back from a very disappointing trip to Holland I needed a boost and this could be just what I needed and my best ever recorded weight was just 76lb so the challenge was on for that elusive 100lb mark.
As the day wore on fish came steadily to the net and by the time the whistle blew as to how much was in the two nets was just a guess.
Any way to peg one. 203 lb
peg two. 111 lb
peg three. 538 lb
peg four. 157 lb(this was me)
peg five. 231 lb
peg six. 233 lb
peg seven. 121 lb.
peg eight. 134 lb
peg nine. 300 lb
peg ten. 127 lb
The push back to the car park with my wheel barrow didn't seem half as bad mind you I don't suppose catching over 100lb of carp in fact over 150lb of fish had any thing to do with it,but Mitch having had 538lb well I can't say in words what he must have felt but the thing I wonder about is every one who fished had over 100lbs,making over 2000lbs. of fish.Cor what a day can't wait to go again

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Great report mate. Me and my 2 mates fished 74,75 and 76 the week before last for two days on the trot. The fishing was fantastic, we obviously could not use keepnets as we were pleasure fishing.

We all fished the method on both days, we knew of the reputation of the place, so we didn't feel brave enough to use the pole. The fish were between 4lb and 8lb, and we estimated that we caught between 200-250lb each on both day's.

The only draw back, was the weather, once the rain came, it didn't stop and we would have loved to have had a go with the pellet wag, but being under the brollie's put us off.

As you can imagine, we are also looking forward to the next trip. Being so far away, we usually go for 2 day's and stay over.

hicko1

We have got a match on there Sunday, Pegs 71 - 85, carnt wait
did everybody catch on the pole in your match Bob, how far out please??

strat2

538lb isnt that a match world record?

i was discussing this with my friend farnborough_ben and hes sure its a record

barble basher

dont think it counts as it was a 6 hour match and there has tobe more tha 20 anglers sure that is rule ive read somewhere read this report in anglings times i think still great fishing [:D][}:)]

last again

hicko 1 every one caught on the pole .i fished six meters out cat meat &pellet finished with 134 lbs including one foul hooked pike.well worth the long walk

carbonite

Sounds like you had an excellent day's fishing ,I'm there in a couple of weeks!!can't wait!!! what sort of cat meat were you all using?

The Big Fella

carbonite!

hehehe I dont think the fish are inspecting the brand much if you can catch 538lbs of fish in 6 hours.

Its more a case of lower your bait in and hang on for grim life![;)]

For other venues where the fish are a bit more warry they tend to use Coshida cat meat from LIDL supermarkets. This has differing flavours and some of them are very soft so they are a bit like a fishy paste and these tend to be all the rage.

Cheers[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.