Bobs Island Newark.

Steve49

Hi,
Going to fish Bobs Island next week river level permitting, not fished here in over twenty years so after advise tactics baits etc. Not bothered what I catch wouldn’t mind doing a bit of trotting a stick float or wag so any advise on swims on main river or in the back water would be grateful.
Thanks in advance. ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Steve49

I wouldn't bother with Bobs Island just yet. There has been quite a bit of trouble with the travellers living nearby. There is a photo on this forum somewhere of a chap that had his car burnt out there. I would try further into Newark if you can.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
@Steve49

I wouldn't bother with Bobs Island just yet. There has been quite a bit of trouble with the travellers living nearby. There is a photo on this forum somewhere of a chap that had his car burnt out there. I would try further into Newark if you can.

Pete its not the travellers that cause the trouble mate far from it, and the car that got burnt out was dumped by Joy riders mate, they will if not already have been reprimanded, ;) if ya know what i mean ? My favourite peg has to be opposite the Park had some good Barbel outta there.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Pete its not the travellers that cause the trouble mate far from it, and the car that got burnt out was dumped by Joy riders mate, they will if not already have been reprimanded, ;) if ya know what i mean ? My favourite peg has to be opposite the Park had some good Barbel outta there.

It's not what the locals are saying mate, apparently there's been quite a few incidents there.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I was there about a month back and talked with a couple of lads who had done a 2 nighter on the point not had no bother, and another lad on the cut same again. In fact it looked Cleaner than id ever seen it mate i thought it had been taken over.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I wonder if they finally got thier act together then. It was a mess when sly and myself were last there.

fredradac

Site Supporter
Maybe just my old age stupidity but why on earth would you want to go and fish somewhere with a track record like this one appears to have?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I night fished there alone once lets just say it was a sleepless night and i went to the A1 pits the next day to get some kip ;)