Bobco

AdeB

Site Supporter
I will be driving to Newcastle from Winchester on Friday and intend to call into Bobco's on the way. Can anybody tell me if there are any nice picnic spots near to Bobco where we could stop and eat our lunch? Any suggestions gratefully received.

John Step

Site Supporter
Over to you the locals. I visited recently and found it was in an industrial estate type of area. Not easy to find at all. Personally I would rely on a motorway stop before getting to Leeds..

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
If your travelling up the M1 come off at J38 and call in at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

DavC1h

Site Supporter
Yeadon tarn is quite nice spot, out towards the airport.

Traffic may be a little heavy round Leeds on Friday as it is the start of the Leeds festival at Bramham park. I would probably carry on and stop in Wetherby, Harrogate or Ripon

Jonb

Site Supporter
Yeadon tarn is quite nice spot, out towards the airport.

Traffic may be a little heavy round Leeds on Friday as it is the start of the Leeds festival at Bramham park. I would probably carry on and stop in Wetherby, Harrogate or Ripon

Aye fish and chips from Murgatroyds, then eat them by the tarn! Think Roundhay park will be a bit of a mudbath after the Sheeran gig!!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I will be driving to Newcastle from Winchester on Friday and intend to call into Bobco's on the way. Can anybody tell me if there are any nice picnic spots near to Bobco where we could stop and eat our lunch? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Temple Newsam Park and House well worth a visit, Picnic spots galore Flower Gardens Ponds wildlife and Home Farm to go round and all 15 - 20 mins from Bobco. Pm me if ya want any Directions (y)And its on yer way back to the Motorway from Bobs (y) Have a great day.

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Temple Newsam Park and House well worth a visit, Picnic spots galore Flower Gardens Ponds wildlife and Home Farm to go round and all 15 - 20 mins from Bobco. Pm me if ya want any Directions (y) Have a great day.

Isnt that your gaff Dave ? ???

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Temple Newsam park and house, are also well worth a visit, but not just for a flying visit.

Somersetlad

Personally as great as BobCo is, I'd go M1, M18, A1M and avoid Leeds entirely ( BobCo's mailorder is brilliant). Wetherby services is good for a splash and dash, but you'll need a gold card to buy fuel there.

biggsy

Site Supporter
A1M at Aberford to Wetherby where it crosses the A64 is where the festival traffic will be bad