Bobbin help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyts

i fish with light bobbins so that i can see the bobbin rise but the only way i can get my bobbin to drop down is to fish with a slack line and then i cant get indications of back bites
any solution?

stemlfc

Steve
The bobbin needs to be higher mate. It depends on the wind and the lead I'm using but I'd say about 4 inches down.

If they're set low, you'll fail to see drop bites as clear enough as needed to determine whether or not it's a ling bite or something like that.

mattyts

i normally have it 4 inches down but the line between the rod and the water goes slack
Originally posted by stemlfc

The bobbin needs to be higher mate. It depends on the wind and the lead I'm using but I'd say about 4 inches down.

If they're set low, you'll fail to see drop bites as clear enough as needed to determine whether or not it's a ling bite or something like that.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Buy a fox Euro swinger. They are very addjustable. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Tighten the line to your lead first then set the bobbin by taking line off the reel.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
slack line. bobbins on the deck you get every indication going, read this thread on the carp forum for more knowlegdable information....

http://www.carpforum.co.uk/Shared/Messages.asp?TopicID=243498&ReadAll=1

mattyts

slack line cant indicate back bites unless you use a 2 or 3 oz running rig,i sorted the problem now
Originally posted by common_carp

slack line. bobbins on the deck you get every indication going, read this thread on the carp forum for more knowlegdable information....

http://www.carpforum.co.uk/Shared/Messages.asp?TopicID=243498&ReadAll=1

crusty

If you're watching for drop backs on slack line running rigs watch the line between the rod tip and the water. Or if you want it all tight, add more weight to your bobbin.

whether or not it's a ling bite or something like that.

You don't need a bobbin for a ling bite, they give a good old rattle [;)][:p][:D]

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.