Bob Roberts Feeder Fishing Tips

tincatim

Site Supporter
I found this cracking little video from Bob Roberts. He’s fishing a brilliant looking weir swim on the Trent and covers the ‘dink dink’ method, fishing a bow and critically balanced feeders. It’s got a very old skool feel about it but the tips are still valid today.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I remember when I first had a go at the Dink Dink after seeing it in his book. When I tied it I thought ‘you must be joking!’ but the skimmers & chub at Burton Joyce didn’t seem to mind one bit. Won my share of coin on it when conditions were right & before others caught on.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll watch this evening when I get home from work but it sounds spot on. The bow is deadly. I really wanted to get out on the Severn to practise it today or tomorrow but I'm working. There's just something magical about drop back bites. I can see how the dink dink would work as it seems very similar to a short hooklength helicopter rig to me, which I use on stillwater to good success.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Aye, it was mostly Notts Anglers or Notts Federation when I lived & fished in the area……