Boat trip

62tucker

Site Supporter
Had trip planned at weekend but the sea state was to bad on the north east coast after been great for months but hopefully I will get on on Friday 2 pm to 6 pm. Only 8 allowed on boat instead of the usual 12 but still be closer than 2 metre but 🤞 it be ok. If I get there early there’s a area at the back for 2. Me and cousin. Trips were still banned long after fishing was allowed. For social distancing rules.
Was talking to lad who was out last week. A few cod for freezer but only 7 mackerel caught on whole boat. This time last year it was 4/5 every drop. Skipper says it’s because of dolphins but 🤷‍♂️. Always been hundreds of seals and still loads of mackerel.
🤞 the weather stays calm. Looking forward to it. 4 hrs perfect for 1st trip of the year. Probably only trip out.
Anyone had any sea trips this year. ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
No sea trips for me this year as couldn’t go whilst I was free and now you ca go again I’m back at work. Would like to squeeze one in within the month whilst the summer species are still out in force but it’s looking unlikely. If the year had gone to play I’d have had about 8 or 9 boat sessions in Florida and 4 or 5 in Hampshire by now but that’s all been scuppered. Can’t complain too much though as have got way more coarse fishing in than I normally would!

Lukem1994

had a trip out wreck fishing off brighton a month or so back. very hard fishing tried about 5 different wrecks. couple of decentt pollock around the 15lb mark and a couple of codling and mackerel were caught on the boat but all me and my two mates caught were pout. my 2 yearly Norway trip had to be delayed this year but will be flying out on monday

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Bit jealous I have to say! Made worse by being teased with all things boaty at work everyday haha

davylad

Site Supporter
It will be a bit choppy off Whitby tomorrow, the sea was lifting today, in fact some skippers won't be going out tomorrow.
Here's the dolphins yesterday, probably feeding on Herring.

jay67

Site Supporter
had 4 trips in the thames estuary in last couple of months . nice hounds , bass , and rays . out again on saturday

rudd

Site Supporter
Was told last week whilst down in Cornwall by a Padstowe skipper that makkie fishing been bad all summer as dolphins, bass and sharks permanently chasing the shouls.

Lukem1994

just got my lure delivery ready for them big cod

Attachments

• 15992240091366631878366349802558.jpg
    15992240091366631878366349802558.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 3

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
supposed to be plenty of mackerel off angelsey and north Wales marks not been sea fishing this year normally would try to go once a month now with working and covid haven't had chance this year

davylad

Site Supporter
Had trip planned at weekend but the sea state was to bad on the north east coast after been great for months but hopefully I will get on on Friday 2 pm to 6 pm. Only 8 allowed on boat instead of the usual 12 but still be closer than 2 metre but 🤞 it be ok. If I get there early there’s a area at the back for 2. Me and cousin. Trips were still banned long after fishing was allowed. For social distancing rules.
Was talking to lad who was out last week. A few cod for freezer but only 7 mackerel caught on whole boat. This time last year it was 4/5 every drop. Skipper says it’s because of dolphins but 🤷‍♂️. Always been hundreds of seals and still loads of mackerel.
🤞 the weather stays calm. Looking forward to it. 4 hrs perfect for 1st trip of the year. Probably only trip out.
Anyone had any sea trips this year. ?
How did you get on tucker?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just back and sorted gear out. Sea was a bit rough and with wind and tide in opposite direction the skipper could only go close in. In fact other fishing boat cancelled and the farne trip boats cancelled.
I ended up with 3 keepable cod and 10 mackerel.Caught more before and certainly caught less.
2 lads were using small red feather thingS and a light weight and had loads of mackerel. Really enjoyed it 👍