Blundells Fishery Warrington - East & West Canals

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Got a club match on these 2 canals at the end of the month, has anyone any info?
Plumb up very carefully and find the underwater plateaus and fish on top of them.
Also a waggler cast to far side will catch fish,
The usual baits ,pellets maggots ,corn work.
Both lodges can be hit and miss with lots of anglers on them .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Thanks, do you mean theres like a bar or an underwater wall to fish on?
More than one bar, they are all over and different depths and sizes, especially on west lodge,
There is a fair drop behind some pegs on west lodge to car park so be aware when unshipping pole. Dont think you can whizz 16 metres back over a few rollers to break down at top kit.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Cheers thanks, is West pegs 1-20 and East 21-39?
Yes as far as I am aware Peg 1 on west is the first one in the right hand corner as you stand on the bank with he water in front of you. Pegs 1 to i think 3 have a small island more or less in front of them at around 12 metres,

pauls77

You have the East and West the wrong way round, east is definitely the nearest to the car park with the drop behind the pegs and west the 2nd lodge from the car park. East is the lodge with the bars/ underwater islands. It ranges from about 12 meters at the narrowest to 20 meters near peg one. Unfortunately it is about 10 years since I last fished east or west so can't really give you any advice. East used to have a good stock of f1s and carp where as west didn't have many f1s but had plenty of carp and ide and decent skimmers, like I say though its a long time since I fished them and it might have changed. They have a Facebook page which shows all the recent open match results and live videos from the matches.

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
This is correct. Both are hard with most pegs took. East has got bars to fish to. West is long pole and if plenty on mugging fish on long pole will probably win it. End pegs can sometimes be best pegs depending on wind.

WilkieBFC

Ok great thanks... well we have 21 anglers so everyone will have a spare peg, fingers crossed it fishes ok

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
You have the East and West the wrong way round, east is definitely the nearest to the car park with the drop behind the pegs and west the 2nd lodge from the car park. East is the lodge with the bars/ underwater islands. It ranges from about 12 meters at the narrowest to 20 meters near peg one. Unfortunately it is about 10 years since I last fished east or west so can't really give you any advice. East used to have a good stock of f1s and carp where as west didn't have many f1s but had plenty of carp and ide and decent skimmers, like I say though its a long time since I fished them and it might have changed. They have a Facebook page which shows all the recent open match results and live videos from the matches.
Was never any good with directions, 😄
Shows how bad, I drove past the place twice to the bottom of the lane, and I used to fish it a lot at one time.
I last fished East on a pleasure session about 18 months ago with a mate.
We were on around pegs 8 and 9 .I fished waggler across,only because I couldn't be bothered with pole rollers and topkits. he fished pole down the edge ,middle and across.He struggled and he is a good angler,
I caught steadily , On the day waggler can out fish the pole, sometimes when the place is full, due to disturbance.