Blue tooth transmitter / headphones

rudd

Site Supporter
For years have been using creative labs aurvana live wired over ear headphones out of phone, ipod, tablet, tv and a mighty fine technics stereo system (3.5mm jack). Creative Aurvana Live! Headphone Review absolutely brilliant headphones - really good sound.
Broke them a few weeks back after getting wire caught for the upteenth time - tried fixing, had it - binned.
My wife is buying me a nice set of top end Sony wireless, bluetooth noise cancelling headphones ? for Christmas, Nice! Sony WH-1000XM4 review Pricey but when things back to normal spend alot of time on trains commuting and these will be ideal as can Bluetooth to phone and laptop at same time.

Trouble is when at home TV and stereo do not have bluetooth outputs but do have 3.5mm headphone jacks.
So my question - do any of you use or have used a Bluetooth transmitter and any recommendations?
Seem to sell from £5 to over £50! Want a decent one to get most out of new cans and also have decent range so I can use cans around house whilst listening to CD's.

rudd

Site Supporter
Looks like Taotronics are a good bet, need bluetooth 5.0 and they have a model that can take an optical cable.