Blue koi

62tucker

Site Supporter
Has anyone ever seen a blue koi on their travels. I been in loads of koi shops over the years. Watched loads of koi pond videos on YouTube and can’t remember ever seeing a blue koi. Or a koi with blue in its colours.
My son bought 10 mixed koi off Internet 2 years ago (9 still alive ) and one is one of the nicest koi I have seen. Really come on this year and a striking blue to it especially when on the surface and sun shining on it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yes, my missus bought me one as birthday present a few years ago, beautiful colour and markings, alas a Heron also thought it looked good and decided to raid my pond one night killing several including the Blue

After that I decided not to buy expensive fish again

62tucker

Site Supporter
10 for £30 so it’s a £3 fish. Granted they were 2 inch max and looked plain when he got them

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Watcha Tuck, near me at Grafty Green {Kent} is a garden centre with an indoor koi pond. Although I am rather anti carp I find koi
fascinating and tranquil to watch.

rudd

Site Supporter
No blue orf jokes yet them - humour levels slipping?

A few months back over at Beth Chatos gardens they had blue hostas which were nice.
Very expensive but woukd look good next to a pond of blue fish😉

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Asagi / Shusui have some blue on them - same basic fish but common/mirror type scales.

The most blue I've seen was a koromaru that I got from my local dealer... unfortunately only lasted a couple of years :-(